Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Got bored so thought I'd have a look on the Rangers forum and noticed a thread about Ali McCann. Some of the comments are exactly how you'd expect and are hilarious reading. Some of my personal highlights are -

"I'd rather give Stephen Kelly a shot"

"He's no better than Greg Docherty"

"Give them £400k at most"

"He's a slightly better than average SPFL midfielder"

"Buy him now and loan him out to a ball playing team for a season and let him improve his passing"

Tip of the iceberg, but we're firmly back down the old firm rabbit hole when it comes to their thoughts on players and the total lack of awareness for anyone other than their own team. The suggestion that Stephen Kelly will be a better player was my favourite, he doesn't even get a game for relegation threatened County!

I find it really hard to know what level McCann can reach, tbh.

I can't help but feel he's just waiting for a properly defined role, and then he'll absolutely explode. Sort of feel like we almost shackle him by asking him to do so much of everything.

Probably wrong.

43 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

To be 4th choice at Hibs or Aberdeen?  He's a different option who puts in a power of work and wins a hell of a lot of free kicks in the opposition half.  

I agree with you but I’d be shocked if either of those sides are interested.

This'll sound stupid, but I had no idea John Brogan was so prolific until just there.

Like I knew he was the record goalscorer, I just didn't realise how few games it took him to get there.

8 hours ago, Widge said:

It's interesting, if there is up to 5 players who're signing new deals that are out of contract in the summer, I'd hazard a guess at -

• Booth
  • May
  • Davidson
  • Gilmour
  • Sinclair

Not that they're the 5 I'd necessarily all want signed up, but I think they're the most likely right now. Gilmour looked to have a little bit about him and I doubt he'll be that expensive, it's also an area where we need cover at all times. Sinclair is the other wild card for me, he was highly rated at one point in his career and I think was doing alright at Cowdenbeath this season until Covid hit and he got injured, plus you always need a third choice keeper somewhere and I doubt he's expensive either.

Of the ones that I haven't mentioned, literally the only one I'd be upset about not agreeing something with would be Melamed and that's almost certainly not going to happen lets face it. I've made my peace with Tanser, Kane, O'Halloran, etc all leaving. I'd maybe give Conway another year as back up, but other than that it's extensions we realistically need to look at in the summer. 

I'm sure Kane will be a certainty I'm my view 

I think May has a year  extension so  Saints might wait a but for that 

I don't think Sinclair will be one at this stage either 

We will see.

This'll sound stupid, but I had no idea John Brogan was so prolific until just there.
Like I knew he was the record goalscorer, I just didn't realise how few games it took him to get there.
Brogie would be sensational in today's team.

There’s yer Stevie May agreeing a new contract. There’s an interview in the courier below. 

No indication of the length of the deal but I think he’s worth another year if the terms are right. 

Give him a 3 year deal.

If we're going with a goal shy 2nd striker then I'd far rather May than Kane.

Key is getting a first choice who can both score, and play up top alone.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Give him a 3 year deal.

If we're going with a goal shy 2nd striker then I'd far rather May than Kane.

Key is getting a first choice who can both score, and play up top alone.

This. If he could look like Duberry, have the speed of MOH with the touch of O'Boyle and I'll be happy. 

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This. If he could look like Duberry, have the speed of MOH with the touch of O'Boyle and I'll be happy. 

228438566.thumb.jpg.946c4ad3d977f0d2191eb0e8c60524d8.jpg

😭

26 minutes ago, Center half said:

Even Better news Pawlett is staying at United ! Dodged a bullet hopefully.

On a 2 year deal too 😂

Looked at EFL2 strikers just there, for any target men/goalscorers under 26, as I'm bored. Ideally the perfect player is in the right hand "section", almost perfectly in the middle...

Spoiler

tears.thumb.png.0da8998a8e6754888cf519b78e593ffd.png

Adebayo 😭

That is thee George Williams there too, apparently as a great target man. I then filter out those who don't actually go for many headers to try and sort that issue. One of many flaws in this.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Can you tell I'm bored?

Paul O'Neill at Cliftonville one to keep an eye on. 21 and contracted there until 2023, just in time to swoop in and hes starting to mature.

Spoiler

Ireland.thumb.png.cb542a557e6e3144d101ef06999f6085.png

Theres a real fucking dearth of strikers who are both capable target men and goalscorers this Summer, tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

12 hours ago, tree house tam said:

👀