Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 12/02/2021 at 17:12, capt_oats said:

It was confirmed at our AGM last night that we've applied for the money.

The same thing was mentioned though, 11 of the 12 clubs have apparently applied.

Even if you are relatively "ok" the terms for this loan make it a wee bit of a no brainer.

Its probably Rangers who havent applied, because they dont want to have to tell their idiot fans that they took "SNP" money.

Spoiler

<looks forward to hearing its Hibs.........>

Bit random, but what do folk prefer/think makes more sense?

I can change the amount of squares on both to more/less...

2021-02-14_21-49-21.png.731f8924cee06561783163f6f6a1f3aa.png 2021-02-14_22-11-55.png.b557dd1d057389383bd34b60935f5288.png

Both show where our CMs completed "actions" against Celtic today.

Have to admit I was shitting it about February's league fixtures...

Rangers (A)

Livingston (A)

Celtic (H)

Motherwell (A)

Had the fear we'd come out that with 0 points, a damaged goal difference and be near the bottom.

Instead after 3 games its 3pts and -1 GD.

Obviously still one game to go but some breathing room earned if he wants to rest players for the Final, which is perfect. Not been a pretty season but we've been competitive in pretty much every game this season I reckon, maybe the Rangers game at home aside.

51 minutes ago, Radford said:

What do those maps show us about our own performance? @RandomGuy.

For me, that's mapping data for the sake of mapping it.

Not much really, I was just learning it off something easy. Hoping to be able to, at the seasons end, highlight areas where particular issues occurred (did we concede lots of chances from one area? Did we create chances from one side far more than the other? Etc., ). Hopefully see the same with players too, did certain players cross better from deep. Feel like using those style of maps making it easier to interpret.

Was just curious what people felt was easier to read really.

Understand if it's a bit shite and nobody wants to see it though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That only tells you one side of a story though. Certain managers tell players to play a certain way for a certain system, often to the detriment of that players ability. Folk then judge that player, often unfairly imo.

Aye I get it. I'll add it to the list of things I do just out of personal interest and keep to myself.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Have to admit I was shitting it about February's league fixtures...
Rangers (A)
Livingston (A)
Celtic (H)
Motherwell (A)
Had the fear we'd come out that with 0 points, a damaged goal difference and be near the bottom.
Instead after 3 games its 3pts and -1 GD.
Obviously still one game to go but some breathing room earned if he wants to rest players for the Final, which is perfect. Not been a pretty season but we've been competitive in pretty much every game this season I reckon, maybe the Rangers game at home aside.
He should not be resting players against a relegation rival.

Was meaning he could leave out those who might be carrying knocks (Tanser for example/did Rooney recover fully from his back knock/is Kerr fine?/does Kane need taken out for a week considering how many knocks he takes?) who you'd probably otherwise risk due to the closeness of the two clubs.

End up with something like Clark, Brown, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Booth, McCann, Craig, Wotherspoon, Melamed, May.

And that's you allowing Tanser, Rooney, Bryson and Kane some time out without massively weakening things. If its going well then you take off Wotherspoon after an hour. 

I'd guess we'll go 5-2-3 with Conway/Spoony/Kane as the front three in the Final?

As always, I'll probably be miles out out completely wrong in thinking the way I am.

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Can Middleton play in the final? If he could, would it be wrong to include him while someone else missed out? I think the boy could be a game changer in the Conway role, very direct like a young Stevie May. 

He played for Rangers against Falkirk I think.

Correct. Cup tied. 

Players who featured in the group stages but not knockout stages for previous clubs can play. Hence why Brophy played for St. Mirren in the other semi but unfortunately Middleton was not eligible for Saints. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Was meaning he could leave out those who might be carrying knocks (Tanser for example/did Rooney recover fully from his back knock/is Kerr fine?/does Kane need taken out for a week considering how many knocks he takes?) who you'd probably otherwise risk due to the closeness of the two clubs.
End up with something like Clark, Brown, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Booth, McCann, Craig, Wotherspoon, Melamed, May.
And that's you allowing Tanser, Rooney, Bryson and Kane some time out without massively weakening things. If its going well then you take off Wotherspoon after an hour. 
I'd guess we'll go 5-2-3 with Conway/Spoony/Kane as the front three in the Final?
As always, I'll probably be miles out out completely wrong in thinking the way I am.
Fair enough. But in Tanser's case he'd be 3 weeks without a game before the final if he doesn't play next week. His match fitness then becomes a fairly major issue.