Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Things like that shouldn't happen until the person involved is retired/dead, IMO.

Agreed. But I don’t think the situation has changed much in that sense. He wasn’t retired/dead when people started calling for it, and he still isn’t retired/dead. But I get what you’re saying. Maybe this will postpone at least a portion of those suggestions now.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Agreed. But I don’t think the situation has changed much in that sense. He wasn’t retired/dead when people started calling for it, and he still isn’t retired/dead. But I get what you’re saying. Maybe this will postpone at least a portion of those suggestions now.

Considering those who are suggesting it, I'd guess they'll now go completely the opposite way and demand his name is removed from our records, tbh.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At least the "rename the East Stand" shite will be packed in now TW is away to join Killie.

Got a nagging feeling he'll absolutely flop there, tbh, but hes clearly a great manager so I doubt it. 

So the man who hates plastic pitches and does not like working with a Director of Football is going to Kilmarnock? Interesting 

6 minutes ago, Bose said:

So the man who hates plastic pitches and does not like working with a Director of Football is going to Kilmarnock? Interesting 

Aye. Not even 2 years ago he directly referenced Killies pitch saying it should be banned from the top flight.

All feels a bit desperate to me, like he's worried if he doesn't take it he won't get another job. Hope it works out for him, to a certain degree.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Not even 2 years ago he directly referenced Killies pitch saying it should be banned from the top flight.

All feels a bit desperate to me, like he's worried if he doesn't take it he won't get another job. Hope it works out for him, to a certain degree.

This. Turncoat Tommy is as desperate as f**k.

Not a good look Tam.

Been a big fan of Kane in recent weeks and think he’s added a lot to the team but it’s a strange situation when I’d probably back any of our Centre half’s in a one on one with the goalie over our number 9. He’s just unable to shoot. Even the goals he’s scored have been half scuffed.

Long may it continue though.

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What’s the ‘magic’ number of points we need to get to, to avoid the bottom two places? 

From memory 36 is the highest tally any 11th placed side got in the last 4 or 5 completed season. 32 the lowest, average 34.

So we're potentially 3 points from safety.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

From memory 36 is the highest tally any 11th placed side got in the last 4 or 5 completed season. 32 the lowest, average 34.

But I thought you said we were deep in a relegation battle that we had no chance of escaping?

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

But I thought you said we were deep in a relegation battle that we had no chance of escaping?

I'm an over reactive fud Tam, I'm aware of that.

I didn't expect us to beat Livi away tbh, and anticipated losses to Rangers/Celtic which would've left us on 27pts after 31 games. Which is where my worries came from.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm an over reactive fud Tam, I'm aware of that.

I didn't expect us to beat Livi away tbh, and anticipated losses to Rangers/Celtic which would've left us on 27pts after 31 games. Which is where my worries came from.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cheers. So 2 wins and we’ll pretty much be safe. Hopefully we get them soon so we can start to plan for next season 

Cheers. So 2 wins and we’ll pretty much be safe. Hopefully we get them soon so we can start to plan for next season 

I’d guess that no one will be planning anything until relegation is arithmetically ruled out. May have several contingencies if they do it right though.

24 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Every position higher in the league is worth a significant amount of money. 

There's no way we'll start looking ahead. That money is seriously important more than ever right now. Especially when we'll inevitably see a further drop in season tickets next season. 

Am I making this up or did Steve Brown say that finishing top 6 last season actually cost us money through bonuses? 

10 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Am I making this up or did Steve Brown say that finishing top 6 last season actually cost us money through bonuses? 

Don't remember that but just because I don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

There's normally 120k ish difference between 6th & 7th. Can't see us agreeing a bonus pot larger than that. Brown being Brown as well you'd think every penny was a prisoner and he'd make sure the club benefited financially from the club reaching top 6 and now allow the bonus to be better than the reward (although there's other financial benefits from top 6 beyond the price money) but again can't say I'm ITK or know the workings of player bonus structure.