Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Like other posters, find it an odd transfer but there could well be things we aren't privy to. 

Hopefully it can benefit the club and player, whether he comes back next season or not.

Interesting to see if we do anything now. Can never get too excited about these deadline day arrivals from down south. Sometimes they work out alright but you kind of feel they are just plucked off a list that's circulated round every club. 

In what situation does Hendry come back to Saints?  If he plays well chances are Aberdeen will make a bid, and Saints will accept. If he is poor or doesn’t play seem the only way he plays for Saints again.  Might be Saints putting him in the shop window

9 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

Hopefully he grabs this unlikely opportunity with both hands,let's face it Perth to pittodrie is a massive upgrade for the lad

Hes certainly moving up the pecking order I guess. Likely to be 3rd choice instead of 4th.

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

Like other posters, find it an odd transfer but there could well be things we aren't privy to. 

Hopefully it can benefit the club and player, whether he comes back next season or not.

Interesting to see if we do anything now. Can never get too excited about these deadline day arrivals from down south. Sometimes they work out alright but you kind of feel they are just plucked off a list that's circulated round every club. 

I get the impression Saints wanted this to go through as they have someone in mind. 

3 minutes ago, Bose said:

In what situation does Hendry come back to Saints?  If he plays well chances are Aberdeen will make a bid, and Saints will accept. If he is poor or doesn’t play seem the only way he plays for Saints again.  Might be Saints putting him in the shop window

I guess in an ideal world he plays well and we end up with a 6 figure fee for him. McInnes talks about his "potential", and I don't think they have any strikers contracted for next season, so this is almost a 6 month trial maybe?

I think hes hit a wall with us just now so a fresh start somewhere else probably a good thing, he really needs constant games though which makes it weird.

Zero benefit to us sending him there unless its freed up money for someone we prefer to him, I think.

14 minutes ago, The Marly said:
15 minutes ago, Dubford don said:
Hopefully he grabs this unlikely opportunity with both hands,let's face it Perth to pittodrie is a massive upgrade for the lad

It's not 1983 mate

So what,you must admit a fringe player moving between the 2 clubs would normally be going the other way

Sounds like McInnes really wanted Hendry. He's put their home grown striker Anderson, who is a similar age, out on loan to make space for their newcomers.  Quite surprising when you think that all he's really done against them is get sent off twice for rash lunges.

He did well for us last season finishing crosses, so with Kennedy and Hayes out wide it could work.

I like him, hopefully he comes back to us with his confidence up.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Some interesting quotes here.

Maybe being cynical, and its maybe just "new club chat", but the fact he wanted to join Aberdeen on loan, despite admitting his game time there will be limited, because theyre a "big club", and not because he wants to get much needed game time and improve, is probably a nice insight into why hes not getting better and has ended up 4th choice with us.