Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Any truth that Hendry is coming to us on loan? 

We’re trying to get him out on loan as he’s fourth choice right now at us and his minutes will be limited. Depends if we can find a Championship team to take him on, cause we won’t let him go to a bottom half rival. Obviously Aberdeen and now Hibs don’t have that to worry about and if you’re willing to give him minutes as a 2nd? Choice striker behind Doidge, assuming Nesbit leaves then why not. 

Davidson obviously still thinks there’s something there given he’s already talking about him for next season. So I doubt we’re looking to get rid, just get some minutes and a little change of scenery and confidence back. 

Just now, Widge said:

We’re trying to get him out on loan as he’s fourth choice right now at us and his minutes will be limited. Depends if we can find a Championship team to take him on, cause we won’t let him go to a bottom half rival. Obviously Aberdeen and now Hibs don’t have that to worry about and if you’re willing to give him minutes as a 2nd? Choice striker behind Doidge, assuming Nesbit leaves then why not. 

Davidson obviously still thinks there’s something there given he’s already talking about him for next season. So I doubt we’re looking to get rid, just get some minutes and a little change of scenery and confidence back. 

Think we will need 2 strikers if NIsbet does leave. So he could come in still. 

19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think we will need 2 strikers if NIsbet does leave. So he could come in still. 

In a weird way Hendry's style reminds me of Kamberi's. In that he's tall, but not that great in the air unless he's attacking it, has plenty of tricks and flicks up his sleeve and can be accused of trying way too hard at times. If Hibs decide to play with 2 strikers then he'll get chances and if he doesn't need to think about it, he'll score goals. Thing is I doubt we'd want to let him go in the summer if he plays well enough to impress Hibs and that could lead to an interesting battle.

If he does go, I'd imagine he'll score a couple of goals, probably mostly appear from the bench and look alright without ever being a must sign target. However that probably works best for saints as it'll get him more game time and hopefully with the amount Hibs should in theory create, he'll get the goals and belief back. 

9 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Gilmour deal done though 

Did the journalist confirming that 4 hours ago tip you off to that?

Just now, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He quoted Callum was hopeful,now confirmed,your problem being?

I'm enjoying the fact you're one of a number of posters who've spent years hounding me for "pretending to be ITK", yet here you are, declaring we've got Mancienne training with us and we're signing Charlie Gilmour.

I just enjoy irony tbh.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm enjoying the fact you're one of a number of posters who've spent years hounding me for "pretending to be ITK", yet here you are, declaring we've got Mancienne training with us and we're signing Charlie Gilmour.

I just enjoy irony tbh.

I’m not aware of casting doubt on you,being Itk,just that you’re a p***k that wets their knickers at the drop of a hat,being it scores or formations.You had us as defo in relegation place,just one result ago.I took it off wap at face value,I’m confident I’ve got better sources than you for saints info,but we all get misled at times.

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reckons Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and Dundee have all made loan enquiries about Hendry.

That makes no sense for St Mirren or Dundee.

Firstly, we're not going to send Hendry to St Mirren where he could score goals that take us out of reach of them, plus they've got 4/5 strikers already! Same applies to Dundee, they've got Sow, Cummings, Mullen, Jakubiak, no way they'd guarantee him starts let alone playing time!

If it were me, I'd be looking at trying to get him to an Arborath, or a Caley Thistle for the rest of the season, albeit my thoughts on him joining Hibs are above.