Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I think he might as from a business aspect we don't know where our income is going to come from therefore we need to try and bridge this undetermined income gap. 

I'm of course speculating but I'm presuming that the reason they've gone back and renegotiated the loans etc is because they've been told fans aren't likely to be back in the foreseeable so something had to be done on the financial front. 

I think it's more that Aberdeen and to a lesser extent Dundee United have been making so much noise about the financial threat to their clubs that this was something to keep them quiet for a bit. May also be that there was little uptake of the original loan offer, so this is a slightly sweeter deal to ensure all Scottish clubs get some sort of benefit.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, but when did any deal like that get done? Both those deals were done last January. 

Have we even renewed any youngsters contracts since March last year?

We're on course to pretty much miss an entire year despite being one of the most financially secure clubs in the country. Understand there's a pandemic etc., but we damage ourselves as much long term with inactivity as we would by overspending IMO.

Almost every signing we make this Summer will have to be flawless.

Or else what? Geez, have a word with yourself man!! 

I can see the argument that if we had a relegation, that's going to obviously be a big hit and then you are still looking to find £60,000/year repayment but Saints should always have the cash to meet the requirement, barring some sort of disaster. 

So really, pride would be the only thing that stopped the club taking the loan. And you know what pride comes before... 

We've not "run with 18 all season", unless you're counting halfway through October , when Melamed signing took us up to that, as the start.

Maybe. I'd be wary of repeating a situation that sees us in the second tier for a decade because it worked out alright last time, though, tbh.

Mistakes are mistakes whether they end up working out or not. We could finish 6th this season and I'd still say we've made a mistake in terms of transfers over the last 12 months.

Yes we have Lad. We have had a twenty man squad all season Bryson and Melemed replaced Duffy and Tanto 

Maybe. I'd be wary of repeating a situation that sees us in the second tier for a decade because it worked out alright last time, though, tbh.

Mistakes are mistakes whether they end up working out or not. We could finish 6th this season and I'd still say we've made a mistake in terms of transfers over the last 12 months.

You're hitting the Paul Depodesta videos hard recently, eh?!

3 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Is a new kit for the League Cup final not a bit much?

Probably, but then again any opportunity to make some extra much needed revenue surely isn't a bad thing? Plus it's a nicer kit than this seasons. 😂

There will be a whole range of items available in the next week. 

We need to generate as much interest and cash as possible from this

There should be a match day package to give fans something to keep alongside the match programme which like the semi final you will be able to order online in advance.

The cup final is one of the few positives just now for me. I’m looking forward to being a #fullkitwanker tucking into a pie box and blaring the cup final song on the 28th whilst my missus considers her choices.

I'd be more excited about the top if it was unique and not just an off the shelf effort.

At least they're attempting to engage with fans though, been a massive improvement on that front this season IMO.

Is this loan interest free? If that’s the case it would be pretty stupid not to take it. 

Also re the cup final kit: fully expect this to be released a few months after the cup final, and you have to go to Campus Sports in person to collect.

Just now, mizfit said:

Aberdeen interested in taking Callum Hendry on loan.

Just how fucked financially are they?

Sat thinking that was a wind up tbh 😂