Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

No surprise that the weekend we finally get a win, County pump Aberdeen, and Motherwell are looking good as they currently lead rangers 1-0.  This is going to be a rollercoaster all the way!!

Tbf I think Motherwell will end up well clear of the bottom.

Between us, County and Hamilton IMO, maybe Kilmarnock if we can drag them back in at the end of the month.

Think yesterday showed we can dig in and shitfest games, while also looking dangerous. Still think we need to show we can play a system that's not 5 at the back eventually, but happier after yesterday about our prospects than before.

Chat of the top 6 is mental, yet seems to get the odd mention elsewhere.

Agree about Motherwell.
I’m not convinced st mirren and Utd are too good to get dragged back into it on what I’ve seen of them.  Though Utd look capable of grinding enough draws to keep clear.

Accies the worst team I’ve seen, but its accies we’re talking about, and they’ll look finished then out of nowhere they’ll win two on the bounce.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree about Motherwell.
I’m not convinced st mirren and Utd are too good to get dragged back into it on what I’ve seen of them.  Though Utd look capable of grinding enough draws to keep clear.

Accies the worst team I’ve seen, but its accies we’re talking about, and they’ll look finished then out of nowhere they’ll win two on the bounce.

Think St Mirren and Uniteds keepers will keep them safe, think its rare for sides with quality keepers to go down?

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Between us, County and Hamilton IMO, maybe Kilmarnock if we can drag them back in at the end of the month.

Think yesterday showed we can dig in and shitfest games, while also looking dangerous. Still think we need to show we can play a system that's not 5 at the back eventually, but happier after yesterday about our prospects than before.

I'm one of the top six chatters!Cup Final and top 6!!Believe!!

1 minute ago, THE FAT MAN said:

And what if they get suspended,injured or off form!?

Well yeah, you can never rule out things like that, but, IMO, their keepers won't concede enough for them to be in bother.

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Based on what !?(Motherwell safety)

Edited by THE FAT MAN

Is there something in the numbers that makes you think it's between these three teams? @RandomGuy.

I was really hopeful we could get top six back in the autumn but it shouldn't be the focus now. We need to ensure we get the points to stay up. If we manage that and aren't at the split, then maybe we can have a push for it. But so many other teams will be feeling the same way.

17 minutes ago, Radford said:

Is there something in the numbers that makes you think it's between these three teams? @RandomGuy.

Just an opinion, tbh.

I think that's the 3 teams with both the weakest defences, and weakest attacks, so far this season.

Last two games for us have started to change my opinion about us, but need to have a run of games being solid/scoring. Clark is poor, May has gone off the boil and always a question over Kane scoring consistently. 

County are my bets for bottom. Poor GK, poor defence, and Shaw won't continue scoring as many as he is (outperforming his xG by 142%) unless he starts getting far more chances each match.

Motherwell have a good GK/defence (Kelly, Gallagher, O'Donnell), good midfield (Campbell, Polworth) and their strikers have a history of getting goals (Long, Cole), which is why I think they'll be fine.

Hamilton are Hamilton. No embarrassment about settling for a point in every game so they'll grind and fight all the way. Sometimes that'll work, sometimes it won't, but they'll also get points on the board.

This window could change all that tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell have a good GK/defence (Kelly, Gallagher, O'Donnell), good midfield (Campbell, Turnbull) and their strikers have a history of getting goals (Long, Cole), which is why I think they'll be fine.

Uh, I have good news for you regarding Turnbull's impact in their squad.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Uh, I have good news for your regarding Turnbull's impact in their squad.

Was meant to be Polworth 😂

A match winner from set pieces.

Just feel like, either with a GK or attacker, United/St Mirren/Motherwell have players who can make a difference in tight games at both ends.

Us, County, Hamilton have weaknesses in those departments.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell have a good GK/defence (Kelly, Gallagher, O'Donnell), good midfield (Campbell, Polworth) and their strikers have a history of getting goals (Long, Cole), which is why I think they'll be fine.

Depends what happens in January tbh.

It looks like we're planning on being busy but of those you've listed; O'Donnell's contract is up this month, Gallagher's been angling for a move to Celtic and the story at the start of the month was that Championship clubs were keen on Campbell.

As for Chris Long...he's not looked interested since he re-signed and his missus has just had another wean and as of last week he was still down on Merseyside.

Like I say, the chat from Alexander is that there will be bodies in the door and naturally a few leaving because he's wanting to trim the squad down.

Edited by capt_oats

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Depends what happens in January tbh.

It looks like we're planning on being busy but of those you've listed; O'Donnell's contract is up this month, Gallagher's been angling for a move to Celtic and the story at the start of the month was that Championship clubs were keen on Campbell.

As for Chris Long...he's not looked interested since he re-signed and his missus has just had another wean and as of last week he was still down on Merseyside.

Like I say, the chat from Alexander is that there will be bodies in the door and naturally a few leaving because he's wanting to trim the squad down.

I'm sort of split on you lot, tbh. 

Folk talked about us being one of these sides to be relegated that everyone thought was "too good to go down", while you lot seemed to fit that bill a lot better under the radar.

Just think with Kelly as your GK, and a new manager who doesn't seem like he's going to do anything stupid in terms of setting you up, you'll start picking up steam and rattle off a run of victories. Shouldn't concede many and have goals in that team.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just an opinion, tbh.

I think that's the 3 teams with both the weakest defences, and weakest attacks, so far this season.

Last two games for us have started to change my opinion about us, but need to have a run of games being solid/scoring. Clark is poor, May has gone off the boil and always a question over Kane scoring consistently. 

County are my bets for bottom. Poor GK, poor defence, and Shaw won't continue scoring as many as he is (outperforming his xG by 142%) unless he starts getting far more chances each match.

Hamilton are Hamilton. No embarrassment about settling for a point in every game so they'll grind and fight all the way. Sometimes that'll work, sometimes it won't, but they'll also get points on the board.

This window could change all that tbh.

I don't buy into this  xg shite its real life not computer game

If County win more games than say Motherwell they will be OK

Just as Saints will be if we continue unbeaten with some wins thrown in .Hopefully starting with Hibs then Aberdeen 

I've no idea why you would state why Motherwell will be safe 

For me the bottom team will be Hamilton with Kilmarnock and Motherwell fighting out 11th place 

Saints and County somewhere above and Saints Hopefully top 6

All that based on a belief in the Team i support though  and the management team and,nothing else 

Certainly no xg or whatever nonsense. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sort of split on you lot, tbh. 

Folk talked about us being one of these sides to be relegated that everyone thought was "too good to go down", while you lot seemed to fit that bill a lot better under the radar.

Just think with Kelly as your GK, and a new manager who doesn't seem like he's going to do anything stupid in terms of setting you up, you'll start picking up steam and rattle off a run of victories. Shouldn't concede many and have goals in that team.

Aye, I don't think Alexander is going to Stendel us and he's already got a better tune out of the same squad than Robinson was albeit without actually winning. We've conceded to a non-penalty against St Mirren and a marginal offiside goal today.

I don't think he's going to try to re-invent the wheel but going 433 against Rangers today was...bold given we lost 5-1 the last time we did it (although Bobby Madden played a big part in that).

Also those two games in hand skew things a bit. If we win them (and they're winnable games) it takes us above Killie. If feels like we've been playing catch-up since October.

As I say it depends what happens in the rest of the window. Alexander seems to know what he wants and one of the big positives is that he seems to have identified a few of our issues after a couple of days in the door. It's just a question of whether he can fix them.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

I don't buy into this  xg shite its real life not computer game

If County win more games than say Motherwell they will be OK

Just as Saints will be if we continue unbeaten with some wins thrown in .Hopefully starting with Hibs then Aberdeen 

I've no idea why you would state why Motherwell will be safe 

For me the bottom team will be Hamilton with Kilmarnock and Motherwell fighting out 11th place 

Saints and County somewhere above and Saints Hopefully top 6

All that based on a belief in the Team i support though  and the management team and,nothing else 

Certainly no xg or whatever nonsense. 

*shrugs*

Literally nothing about that opinion you've quoted had anything based on xG apart from one player not scoring many more goals, so I'll chalk this post off as yet another one in the "don't bother reading my posts but reply to everything to tell me I'm pathetic and know nothing about football" folder.

I've no idea why you, and the other das who support Saints, can't just ignore me rather than feel the need to try and argue with me about it. I've already said I'm more than happy if folk think it's a lot of shite, as long as they don't bother trying to convince me I'm wrong it doesn't even need mentioned.

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I don't think Alexander is going to Stendel us and he's already got a better tune out of the same squad than Robinson was albeit without actually winning. We've conceded to a non-penalty against St Mirren and a marginal offiside goal today.

I don't think he's going to try to re-invent the wheel but going 433 against Rangers today was...bold given we lost 5-1 the last time we did it (although Bobby Madden played a big part in that).

Also those two games in hand skew things a bit. If we win them (and they're winnable games) it takes us above Killie. If feels like we've been playing catch-up since October.

As I say it depends what happens in the rest of the window. Alexander seems to know what he wants and one of the big positives is that he seems to have identified a few of our issues after a couple of days in the door. It's just a question of whether he can fix them.

Aye, he doesn't seem like a moron, which puts you on a better footing than at least two clubs near the bottom in terms of management.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

Literally nothing about that opinion you've quoted had anything based on xG apart from one player not scoring many more goals, so I'll chalk this post off as yet another one in the "don't bother reading my posts but reply to everything to tell me I'm pathetic and know nothing about football" folder.

I've no idea why you, and the other das who support Saints, can't just ignore me rather than feel the need to try and argue with me about it. I've already said I'm more than happy if folk think it's a lot of shite, as long as they don't bother trying to convince me I'm wrong it doesn't even need mentioned.

Aye, he doesn't seem like a moron, which puts you on a better footing than at least two clubs near the bottom in terms of management.

Shrugs!

Was that no the Cup Final singing dude

?