Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

TBF he must have one of the worst agents going if

A) hes expecting a bidding war when the English clubs hes trying to play us against now have wage caps

B) hes expecting a bidding war during a global pandemic when no club is chucking money about

C) he genuinely expects anyone to believe that Celtic/Rangers/Sunderland hold a single bit of interest in him

He'll end up back at Port Vale, get chucked about by Akinfenwa, have his confidence snapped and disappear into the EFL abyss.

I don’t feel any ill will towards Tanser for wanting to see what his options are to be honest. He’s got young children and been away from his family for, what, 4 years now and won’t have had much chance to see them over the last year? I’d prefer that he stays but he’s not irreplaceable. 

8 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Let him go. Offered deal. Not signed. Trying to play other offers against saints.
Saints have seen this dance every single January window.
See you Scott. Plenty have kept their options open, not signed and saw their career nose dived. Hello Danny Swanson and Tony Watt to remember a couple who spouted the same rubbish

Don't know if we do it, but I'd like us to put a closing date on our contract offers, after which we make it clear it's off the table.

As you say, we've seen a few players at this caper;  Watt, Shaughnessy and Swanson if reports were accurate.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Don't know if we do it, but I'd like us to put a closing date on our contract offers, after which we make it clear it's off the table.

As you say, we've seen a few players at this caper;  Watt, Shaughnessy and Swanson if reports were accurate.

Plenty have done it over the last 3 or 4 years undoubtedly. I’d do the same thing if offered a significant pay rise to do the same job elsewhere. 

I believe Sunderland just because they're a clown car of a club.

TBF he must have one of the worst agents going if
A) hes expecting a bidding war when the English clubs hes trying to play us against now have wage caps
B) hes expecting a bidding war during a global pandemic when no club is chucking money about
C) he genuinely expects anyone to believe that Celtic/Rangers/Sunderland hold a single bit of interest in him
He'll end up back at Port Vale, get chucked about by Akinfenwa, have his confidence snapped and disappear into the EFL abyss.

You're right, I think at times though some have never intended to stay, they've just strung us along to push up their other offers and maybe have a fallback option.

Its an agents job to get the best deal he can, but having a closing date at least looks after our own interests in a way.

As disappointed as I was at Kennedy being sold a year ago, i quite liked the fact that Saints took control of the situation once he announced his PCA at Aberdeen and looked after ourselves by getting some cash, despite him apparently wanting to see the season out with us.

3 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I believe Sunderland just because they're a clown car of a club.

Have they not just been bought over by a 22yo millionaire?

Hard to imagine hes looking at a sickly looking left back from Scotland as his first signing tbh.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Does Tanser have Rowan Vine as an agent?

I think he has the same agent as Guy Melamed. Certainly same agency?

The minute these stories from an agent appear on these shitty websites, you know the player is looking for other options. 

I don't know what the answer is. Are you cutting off your nose if you set deadlines but maybe it sets a tone for future negotiations with other players?

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think he has the same agent as Guy Melamed. Certainly same agency?

The minute these stories from an agent appear on these shitty websites, you know the player is looking for other options. 

I don't know what the answer is. Are you cutting off your nose if you set deadlines but maybe it sets a tone for future negotiations with other players?

I don't know why they think they are special and different.

It's pretty obvious that there is a wage structure at Saints and SB won't be dicked about.

Do players not speak to each other?!

10 hours ago, Widge said:

------------------- Enkleman

----------Mackay - Duberry - Kerr

McNamara-------------------------Stanic

----------------McCann--Morris

Wotherspoon---Sandaza---Swanson

Only one I'd maybe change is Sandaza for Maclean, then again he'd end up out the box and on the wing the entire time!! Dunno if Morris would be mobile enough, but could use Chris Millar instead and that would still work. Also highlights how blessed we were with Dave Mackay in that I'd have him play in the back 3 with his ability, but also I'd probably have him at right back if I could. Shows we've never replaced him, if McNamara is the best right back I can remember!!

Don’t care what formation you’re playing, Jason Scotland is in my team every time. What a fucking player. 

Scotland, Swanson and Sandaza in the front three and our passing and possession stats are about 6%, but we're averaging 4 goals a game and the entertainment level is sky high!

There'd be no point in anyone else joining the attack as those 3 dribblers are never releasing the ball but doing all the damage.

Even one of them in this team now....

It's worrying about that formation generally that you struggle to pick players who would best suit it. Stanic is the standout for being ideal. Our best centre backs over the last 20 years would hate it. It would either limit our best midfielders or they wouldn't be able to get around the pitch well enough. Danny Swanson with a pressing trigger role... 

Jason Scotland's lack of ability with his head would create frustration as we ping in hundreds of crosses.

And I'm going on record as saying Danny McNamara was overrated too. He looked graceful and defended his man fine but had no end product and couldn't beat a man. Will watch his career with interest. 

Bit unfair on Derek Holmes to be honest.

Agree on McNamara incidentally. He was fine and would have had no issue if stayed for season. But no more of an endorsement than that. Will probably be pining for him come 445 mind you when discover whatever shambles our manager has cooked up for today.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Bit unfair on Derek Holmes to be honest.

Agree on McNamara incidentally. He was fine and would have had no issue if stayed for season. But no more of an endorsement than that. Will probably be pining for him come 445 mind you when discover whatever shambles our manager has cooked up for today.

Unfair on Joe Mexico Ward !

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It says it all about the formation that arguably the best option as a central striker would be Kenny Deuchar.

Bit unfair on Sam Parkin.

Anyone got any good vids of Scotland in action for Saints? Here’s a few I found, including a couple of headed goals Radford 😉. The run from Stanic against Motherwell, absolutely class. Some great moments supporting Saints 

Those are the worst headed goals ever scored. The Hibs one comes off the top of his head! Even he can't beleive he's scored it. What a cross from Morais though and the pass from Stanic too. 

Scotland was some player. He scored a goal on his debut at Airdrie that was just like the famous Tony Yeboah one that he meets on the volley just as it comes off the ground. Beautiful. 

Folk talk about May and MacLean but they aren't in the same class as Scotland and Sandaza.