Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

More recently I've noticed that Dundee and indeed Ross County, have been able to wear their home shirt against us at McDiarmid. The rules must have changed.

I'm sure someone on here before has explained its up the referee.

I'm sure someone on here before has explained its up the referee.

I do wonder if that's always been the case. Some of the 'clashes' that referees are trying to avoid end up being much worse when one team changes.

Purely from years of watching football it seems like it is made up as they go along.

Some of the reasons given for away teams changing in England are laughable, not sure if it's quite the same here - it's quite rare to see random away shirts at McDiarmid unless there's a clash. Perhaps only Partick Thistle and Motherwell are the two I can think of who seem to unnecessarily change away to Saints quite often.

You want the kits to clash.

What you want to avoid is a kit blend!

I do wonder if that's always been the case. Some of the 'clashes' that referees are avoid end up being much worse when one team changes.

Purely from years of watching football it seems like it is made up as they go along.

Some of the reasons given for away teams changing in England are laughable, not sure if it's quite the same here - it's quite rare to see random away shirts at McDiarmid unless there's a clash. Perhaps only Partick Thistle and Motherwell are the two I can think of who seem to unnecessarily change away to Saints quite often.

For those wondering what we'll be wearing tonight... Just seen Liam Gordon walking down the High St wearing a pair of 2005/06 Barcelona away shorts, rolled down Xara St Johnstone socks, a pair of grubby Sambas and a washed out Sondico t shirt with a massive pull on the chest  👀

4 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

For those wondering what we'll be wearing tonight... Just seen Liam Gordon walking down the High St wearing a pair of 2005/06 Barcelona away shorts, rolled down Xara St Johnstone socks, a pair of grubby Sambas and a washed out Sondico t shirt with a massive pull on the chest  👀

Was he social distancing? 

ETA still a better option than that 94/95 kit.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Tbf to Davidson he did say that earlier in the week we had to play 6 vs 6 cause that’s all the fit players we had in training without knocks!

We need bodies in the door and getting back from injury sharpish. The likes of Kane, May, Davidson and Clark would make things look a lot better. Same with O’Halloran not being suspended!

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Not blaming Parish for either goal, but he is definitely not someone who’d worry Zander. Think we probably need a new keeper. 

The ‘effort’ for the first goal was pathetic, especially when you see from behind the  goal  

image.gif