Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The bit where he says focusing on defensive and striking parts of the game? I'd rather you focused on getting the 11 on the pitch to actually play in a competent and cohesive manner and definitely more like a professional football team rather than that pish you served up on Saturday Callum,  thanks.

If some miracle happens tonight and Rangers were to score 3 in Germany and keep a clean sheet we could possibly be 2 games behind as Rangers would then play in the Europa league next midweek and not our league game.

Chance of it happening virtually zero , but will we get a game at the weekend?

1 hour ago, perthsaints99 said:

3-0 home win if fixture can’t be fulfilled anyone?

Don't see why not?

We're able to fulfill the fixture and Aberdeen aren't. Why should we be punished for that?

Hypothetically what would happen if saints turned around to the SFA and said they were not comfortable with Aberdeen coming into Perth and specifically our Covid clear environment, stadium, etc. given the recent tests and the fact that we'd be potentially risking our entire squad and staff to the virus.

I know that it would never happen, but I'd be intrigued to see what they'd do. Not going to lie, if I were saints I'd be demanding the rigorous NHS tests are carried out on ever member of the Aberdeen staff on Thursday/Friday, not the on site ones which seem to produce false negatives a lot. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't see why not?

We're able to fulfill the fixture and Aberdeen aren't. Why should we be punished for that?

I had my tongue pressed to my cheek but I suppose you’re right. In any case, if it’s just the one player who has tested positive, I don’t think the game will be called off.

They should release the names of the players who tested positive so we can play Aberdeen-COVID bingo.

2 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

I had my tongue pressed to my cheek but I suppose you’re right. In any case, if it’s just the one player who has tested positive, I don’t think the game will be called off.

They should release the names of the players who tested positive so we can play Aberdeen-COVID bingo.

Someone on Twitter has named the player as Matty Kennedy...

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Some folk getting a bit too in to the default lifestyle here. You can’t start punishing teams for getting caught up in a pandemic ffs. 

Not about that though Ali. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for clubs being unable to fulfil fixtures. 

I'm not sure that playing staff breaking guidelines against contracting a virus, and subsequently catching said virus rendering the squad unavailable to play would be classed as acceptable. It's not exactly force majeure. 

In any case, I don't think the politics (big or small p) would allow Aberdeen to get off scott-free if they have multiple cases because a player/players broke the rules on social distancing. 

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

getting caught up in a pandemic ffs. 

Depends really.

It widely known theres a pandemic, so going to crowded areas puts you at high risk. 

Catching it like that is not unavoidable. 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I could be wrong, but not aware that the source of the positive test has been disclosed as yet, and everything linking their players with the boozer is hearsay thus far?

Even still, Aberdeen as a club shouldn’t be punished to the extent of three points because of the actions of one of their players. I’d be extremely surprised (but would obviously take it,) if we were given the three points were the game called off. 

Hearts weren’t punished or disadvantaged because of the pandemic. They were relegated fair and square. 

They would not be docked 3 points because of the actions of a player or players, that would be because they were unable to field a team for the fixture. I don't think that the authorities would accept that in this case coronavirus infection due to rule-breaking by playing staff would be a legitimate excuse. Pretty sure that if there was an outbreak of food poisoning for example, or a round of the flu, that might be slightly different but in this case there are rules in place to prevent virus spread and those rules would have been broken. 

Absolutely agree that this is not a kangaroo court. We've no idea if rules have been broken or not, which is why I said 'if'. 

14 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

They would not be docked 3 points because of the actions of a player or players, that would be because they were unable to field a team for the fixture. I don't think that the authorities would accept that in this case coronavirus infection due to rule-breaking by playing staff would be a legitimate excuse. 

What rule did he break?