Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's the best looking Saints strip in many a year. 

Graphical version, and the filmed version, looks better than the photo version (if that makes sense).

EeQw1CrXYAMGwGz.thumb.png.9269b92dc59f4a03ad6f16bc916152bf.png

Not quite sure how that works. 

Will probably be quite nice "in person", but the collar is just too prominent for me. Even if it was thinner it would be better IMO.

Craig Conway made his senior debut with Ayr on 29th April 2003.

6 of our current squad wouldve been in primary one.

If he makes a front three up with Hendry and Olaofe, he would've made his debut when they were aged 5 and 3.

Right... it’s gone on too long... My ocd is getting to me, I have to say it!

When will the ‘t’ from our name be screwed back up onto the main stand again? It’s been months! 

If someone knows who is responsible for such maintenance please give them a nudge/slap
Thank you
Reminds me of school when the J fell off once and my Hearts supporting cousin needled me relentlessly about St ohnstone.

Screenshot_20200731-185131_Google.jpg

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I really want to like it...but I can’t. It’s a pish design if we’re being honest. The collar is vile and the white shoulder patches aren’t much better. The socks are shite as well.

Unless the away kit turns out to be an absolute stoater then I think this release will be getting put in the ever growing “disappointment” file.

It's a massive step down on last year. It's better than the sashed storrar cars effort though. And maybe the one with the faded check squares. Think that's about it from recent though. 

Not sold on the strip (looks like a proper badge not an iron-on though so that's a positive). I suspect my antipathy is something to do with the 1920's shirt-tucked-in-with-shorts-to-high-on-the-waist pose in the photo. Hooped socks can do one, ugly.

Infant strips will be really low production runs so higher cost, but without VAT so £40 is steep, IMO. 

Bit too frothy with anticipation of a real game of actual football tomorrow, against a Tayside team no less, to be bothered though. Ridiculously excited despite having to watch it on a screen.

Can't believe grown men get so het-up about a fucking football strip.

It’s to the surprise of nobody that the Saints boomers amongst us don’t understand the importance to any given top flight football club of carrying out a thoroughly professional release of a stylish kit in todays day and age. Maybe one day you’ll understand.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s to the surprise of nobody that the Saints boomers amongst us don’t understand the importance to any given top flight football club of carrying out a thoroughly professional release of a stylish kit in todays day and age. Maybe one day you’ll understand.

And it’s to no one’s surprise that you’re greetin your face off. 

Edited by Bose

If that's true we seem to get a fair few of injuries going into the start of every season.  I guess it would have to be Spoony and McCann in centre midfield.

If Kyle McLean had held on for just another year it looks like he might well have got a decent crack at game time this season.