Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Got to say, not surprised at the timing.  Brown has been very clear that the finances weren't great before Covid, add that into the mix and it makes sense.

I look forward to us not making an appointment until 2 days before the restart, a bit like our lack of early transfer activity leads to dreadful league starts more often than not. #savings #infrastructure

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

would be a shrewd pick for the NI job and will have earned it.

This.

Hes always been open its his dream job and one he couldnt turn down. If that's where hes headed, then the club couldnt refuse him that after all hes done.

If it's not, then the club have fucked up enormously. 

Either way, I'm just sad there isnt a final game to say goodbye.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This.

Hes always been open its his dream job and one he couldnt turn down. If that's where hes headed, then the club couldnt refuse him that after all hes done.

If it's not, then the club have fucked up enormously. 

Either way, I'm just sad there isnt a final game to say goodbye.

Just wave from the bush in his garden.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Plenty of respect for ol'Tony and what he's managed to achieve, .

You've got a funny way of showing it m9...

Best outcome for both parties. Tommy gets to walk away and put himself in the window for the NI Job.

Saints retain their young players, can start preparing for the future and with no immediate restart to the season in sight, can spend their time properly researching who’s best to take over.

On a personal note I’m devastated, when he came in back in 2013/14 in was in a really bad place mentally and watching us play that season was one of my few joys. I’m not saying he has Henrik Larsson depression curing powers. But that first year put a smile right on my face.

On a side note, with no football on the horizon at either club or International level, does this all but confirm the Scottish Premiership is done?

Statement reads as if it was decided months ago he would leave at the end of the season, and without games then theres no real rush to announce it.

Disappointed to see Tommy go, hes been brilliant for us. Wish him all the best in his break or crack at the NI job if that happens.  The saddest thing is that he didn't get a big farewell match at the end of the season.

Pleased he managed to turn the season round and we have the nucleus of a very exciting young team, which makes the timing slightly surprising.  Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the covid situation hadn't come about and we'd finished the season strongly with a bit of excitement about the season ahead.. might have swayed him for another crack at it.

Plenty time to get the right replacement in. Should we just wait until we get a timescale on a restart?  The backroom staff can provide the players with fitness programmes. Would save a big wage, but is it a good thing to leave the club without a leading figure?

I don't want it to be a current coach at the club, though that might be an interim option. Would we take a punt on the likes of Liam Craig or Steve Maclean?  Callum Davidson's an option.  Can't see Morris giving up his chelsea job.

There will surely be lots of coaches, managers, senior players etc out of work when their contracts expire in a few weeks time, so it could well be the best time possible to be looking for a new manager as there might not be as many clubs hiring.  

As well as the outstanding success we've enjoyed watching during his time at Saints, Tommy lording it over all those failing diddy outfits these past 7 years has been a joy to behold.  Both dundees, partick, st mirren, hearts probably the pick of the bunch, though there must be many more.  You could probably put a table together on the level of bitterness he's generated purely on the number of posters from other clubs contributing to this thread since the announcement.