Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

@RandomGuy. where are you getting this £1m loss from? First I've heard about us relasing half-year results or reforecasts. 

Last seasons accounts show a loss of £149k, and an increase in "owed monies" to £843k.

I know folk just flat out ignore that second one, but I've seen three businesses (RA Motorsport the biggest) fold in the last year due to that being called in. It should always be included in the figure to show a more accurate example of your finances.

RA used to claim they were making six figure profits each year, yet what they owed was absolutely massive.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Last seasons accounts show a loss of £149k, and an increase in "owed monies" to £843k.

I know folk just flat out ignore that second one, but I've seen three businesses (RA Motorsport the biggest) fold in the last year due to that being called in. It should always be included in the figure to show a more accurate example of your finances.

RA used to claim they were making six figure profits each year, yet what they owed was absolutely massive.

You honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. Who flat out ignores the creditors figure? I’m actually in shock at how stupid the statement ‘it (creditors) should always be included in the figure to show a more accurate example of your finances’  is. The RandomGuy school of accountancy where we start adding random balance sheet figures to the P&L in order to give some sort of twisted dystopian financial position - ‘£1m loss!!!!!!’.

I’m sure someone with more motivation and patience than me can explain to you in detail how ridiculous your above post is.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

27 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

You honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. Who flat out ignores the creditors figure? I’m actually in shock at how stupid the statement ‘it (creditors) should always be included in the figure to show a more accurate example of your finances’  is. The RandomGuy school of accountancy where we start adding random balance sheet figures to the P&L in order to give some sort of twisted dystopian financial position - ‘£1m loss!!!!!!’.

I’m sure someone with more motivation and patience than me can explain to you in detail how ridiculous your above post is.

M8, this is an anonymous football forum where grown men have personas, pls stop taking things that are said on it so seriously.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

M8, this is an anonymous football forum where grown men have personas, pls stop taking things that are said on it so seriously.

I take my Pie and Bovril experience very very seriously. Stop making it into a mockery.

I full expected all of this to be honest, if anything I expected the ticket price to be more expensive than it actually is.

I can't see this having much of an effect on the home support. The odd person might not come along but when push comes to shove, I think the vast majority will just suck it up and go anyway. It's a cup quarter final afterall.

I'll no be there. Only because I have my stag do in Glasgow the night before so will likely be rough as. Will just need to find a pub in the centre of Weeg that's showing it, then slink out the door and fire back to Edinburgh as soon as the 3rd first half goal goes in, again.!

2 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I thought about that, then thought about it again and decided not to bother. My rationale being that it just isn't worth the effort because once you start unpicking just how wrong that short paragraph is it would become a never-ending rabbit warren,  and I simply don't have the resolve. However, never has the Tommy Wright head-shake gif been more apt.

The good news is that we can rest easy that the club has indeed not reported a 7-figure operating loss that somehow we had all missed. So we can get back to arguing about OF ticket allocations and Chris Kane. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

15 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

I'll no be there. Only because I have my stag do in Glasgow the night before so will likely be rough as. Will just need to find a pub in the centre of Weeg that's showing it, then slink out the door and fire back to Edinburgh as soon as the 3rd first half goal goes in, again.!

Need any tips on newly married life ask Kyle,  he seemingly got married last year, not that he's ever mentioned it.