Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

And naw, I dinnae think big sexy Liam is the answer to Kerr sorting his appalling form this season.

It might be, tbf. He clearly doesnt trust Duffy and it feels like a lot of the time hes more interested in what hes doing, and feeling like he needs to win every single ball, rather than just playing his game.

I'll admit that doesnt excuse his role in the first goal against Hibs.

Gordon has played 5 games this season, one was the Rangers debacle.

Ignore that and we conceded 5 goals in 4 games. In 3 games we only conceded 1 goal. (Kilmarnock counter attack/Motherwell tap in/Aberdeen goal). Aberdeen goal was pure bad luck. Motherwell goal was awful from the whole team, and was repeated against St Mirren so not a Gordon issue, and the Kilmarnock goal is something we seem to have sorted by keeping more players back at our own free kicks. Only other game was Hibs, another set piece goal, but it was Davidsons man who got free, and a back heel goal nobody could repeat if they tried.

In the games without him, we've conceded over 1 goal in 6 seperate games.

He might not be a solid answer, but he might reduce the number of questions. 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It might be, tbf. He clearly doesnt trust Duffy and it feels like a lot of the time hes more interested in what hes doing, and feeling like he needs to win every single ball, rather than just playing his game.

I'll admit that doesnt excuse his role in the first goal against Hibs.

Gordon has played 5 games this season, one was the Rangers debacle.

Ignore that and we conceded 5 goals in 4 games. In 3 games we only conceded 1 goal. (Kilmarnock counter attack/Motherwell tap in/Aberdeen goal). Aberdeen goal was pure bad luck. Motherwell goal was awful from the whole team, and was repeated against St Mirren so not a Gordon issue, and the Kilmarnock goal is something we seem to have sorted by keeping more players back at our own free kicks. Only other game was Hibs, another set piece goal, but it was Davidsons man who got free, and a back heel goal nobody could repeat if they tried.

In the games without him, we've conceded over 1 goal in 6 seperate games.

He might not be a solid answer, but he might reduce the number of questions. 

Your fan club badge is in the post pal.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Your fan club badge is in the post pal.

Aye. Although I think it's meant to be another month until hes likely to be starting games again?

Probably looking at Aberdeen, Motherwell then Kilmarnock with Duffy still involved.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Although I think it's meant to be another month until hes likely to be starting games again?

Probably looking at Aberdeen, Motherwell then Kilmarnock with Duffy still involved.

That's why I'm saying waiting till Jan is detrimental. 

We're leaking goals and no matter how well we play in possession if we persist with the same defence, we'll continue to leak goals and end up back at the bottom of the league again. 

Although signing 1 central defender is unlikely to solve all our problems. 

Tanser defensively hasn't covered himself in glory recently either. 

Arguably, I’d probably take Cummins back right now. He’s decent in the air, could actually hold a ball up and link play. Yes his finishing deteriorated with his confidence, but he’d still be useful.

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Tanser getting some stick on Twitter for, erm, Hibs overloading down our right hand side. 

Seen that too... I was looking at it initially thinking... Am I missing something as I seen it exactly like you did. 

Killie & Motherwell tried targeting him with cross field long balls to battle in the air and I thought he dealt with that fine. 

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Tanser getting some stick on Twitter for, erm, Hibs overloading down our right hand side. 

Tbf he admits he fucked up in the comments. 

Be interested to see if Ralston/Duffy being targeted is becoming a theme.