Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It is time for Tommy to find the best formation for this squad of players there are a number to chose from. When we play away from home at the so called bigger teams, he will play his usual 4:5:1. I wish, he would be more adventurous at home and play 4:4:2 (other than against the old firm).
Two home games coming up, Rangers and Motherwell will it be 4:5:1 in both?

Have woken up in a raging mood solely because of this post.

This Wright/Amy Mac beef is something else.
His Mrs Foster remark was screaming for a reaction and it hit the spot. Bit needless from him, but entertaining stuff. 

He’s even managed to rope Ewen Cameron in.

18 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This Wright/Amy Mac beef is something else.

His Mrs Foster remark was screaming for a reaction and it hit the spot. Bit needless from him, but entertaining stuff. 

Its bizarre. Shes come out with two, contrasting, stories about why hes left, and is now trying to claim some form of sexism because TW called her "Mrs Foster", despite the fact, you know, that it's her fucking name.

Just now, ali_91 said:

When I read it this morning my first thought was Amy McDonald would say it was. 

It’s casual and not a big deal obviously, but I can see why it would be construed as misogyny. Would someone refer to Ricky Foster as Mr Macdonald? 

My exact thoughts. I think TW made his point well and the 'Mrs Foster' was a bit unnecessary. Gave 'Mrs Foster' an easy way out and she was always going to take it.

I don't think it's misogynistic though to be honest.

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

When I read it this morning my first thought was Amy McDonald would say it was. 

It’s casual and not a big deal obviously, but I can see why it would be construed as misogyny. Would someone refer to Ricky Foster as Mr Macdonald? 

I just can't see it as misogynistic.

It's still normal for a married couple to take the same second name. My wife has. Her friends have my colleagues have  it's pretty standard. 

I'd also bet that at least one of AMs pals or family members have called her Mrs Foster. And I'd also bet that if she had a "normal" job she'd happily be Mrs Foster.

Her name, as far as I’m aware, is not Mrs Foster though. Boris Johnson did the exact same thing to a female Labour MP a while back and I thought that was a dick move then, as I do now that TW has done it. Silly from him as all he needed to say was she’s talking shite 

Edited by Londonwell

21 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I just can't see it as misogynistic.

It's still normal for a married couple to take the same second name. My wife has. Her friends have my colleagues have  it's pretty standard. 

I'd also bet that at least one of AMs pals or family members have called her Mrs Foster. And I'd also bet that if she had a "normal" job she'd happily be Mrs Foster.

I guess a lot would depend on context. Reading the article, I got the impression that he was saying it to demean AM. I may be wrong on that and without actually having seen him say that, it’s difficult to judge.

Edited by Londonwell

I guess a lot would depend on context. Reading the article, I got the impression that he was saying it to demean AM. I may be wrong on that and without actually having seen him say that, it’s difficult to judge.

I think he was more making the point that she’s “Mrs Foster” so obviously won’t be saying anything against her husband even if that means not telling the truth.

As far as I’m concerned she’s trying to simply deflect from the absolute state she’s got herself worked up in and going around contradicting herself. Surely it’s just as much misogyny to suggest that Tommy Wright suffers from “toxic masculinity” based on simply being a man and leader.

I’d rather it stops here as it’s unnecessary, but Wright has a right to defend and put the record right. But he’s straying into PC and hot topic waters, which is always best avoided.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

I think he was more making the point that she’s “Mrs Foster” so obviously won’t be saying anything against her husband even if that means not telling the truth.

As far as I’m concerned she’s trying to simply deflect from the absolute state she’s got herself worked up in and going around contradicting herself. Surely it’s just as much misogyny to suggest that Tommy Wright suffers from “toxic masculinity” based on simply being a man and leader.

I’d rather it stops here as it’s unnecessary, but Wright has a right to defend and put the record right. But he’s straying into PC and hot topic waters, which is always best avoided.

Has this been suggested in the ‘fallout’ from it?

So hold on, she goes on a radio show and publicly slates him over a private training ground incident, something Foster himself hasn't spoken about, he responds and she claims on twitter that it's sexism/misogyny because he made reference to her being his wife?

Dear oh dear.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

So hold on, she goes on a radio show and publicly slates him over a private training ground incident, something Foster himself hasn't spoken about, he responds and she claims on twitter that it's sexism/misogyny because he made reference to her being his wife?

Dear oh dear.

To refer to someone by the name of their spouse in a derogatory manner, when it isn’t their name, has hints of sexism/misogyny, yes.  I don’t know the context involved so jury’s out for me. But regardless it is silly for him to give her something to bat back at him, when he could have just taken her to the cleaners.