Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Not sure what to make of the McClean departure? An indication we haven't managed to shift a more obvious candidate and someone had to be cut from the squad before Holt could sign, or something that has been on the manager's mind? 

I liked him for what he was, a young guy making his way in the game but maybe the impact on McCann gave TW second thoughts on him?

Yeah really didnt see that coming. Im hoping its to free up a wage for 1 more rather than was needed to free up the wage for Holt, but cant complain if it is the latter. Still young enough to keep around though, could see him becoming a player rather than one of the Comrie/Greg Hurst types who seem to hang around into early 20s when its clear they are never going to make it for us.

Maybe we were trying to loan him out again but after a successful loan last season he felt he should either get his shot or move on?

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If he wanted to play then surely the best for him instead of sitting in the stand every week here. 

Could he not have gone on loan then? Maybe he has an permanent offer he wants to take up, we'll see in the next few days.

A month ago, the manager was raving about him though. 

Are we really gonna end up stuck with McMillan? 

Just now, Radford said:

Could he not have gone on loan then?

Just a pure guess but maybe hes worried about being one of those perennial "one year deal, sit in the stands" youngsters we seem to collect, so has decided a complete fresh start elsewhere is better.

Or he's maybe wanting to head home and try and sort a deal out over there in the next week or so, I don't imagine he'd struggle to get a club in that league.

Pleased to get Holt in. Disappointed to lose Kyle McLean. A couple of years developing a young player on the fringe of the first team and for it just to end suddenly before he's really had a crack is a shame.

It has to be at Mcleans request surely. If the club made the decision then we would have to pay off the remainder of his contract anyway i would think, so wouldn't be worth it?

Three loan signings in, which is not the best scenario, but at least we've got a centre midfielder in which is well needed.

I haven't seen a lot of Ralston, but am more positive about him than many others appear to be after speaking to a Celtic supporter I know. I think Duffy has potential, he's just very raw and lacking in first team games, but Ralston must be more confident as he's played plenty reserve matches, been around the first team with champions league appearances, so should be more ready to be thrown straight in. We'll see..

RG: Think its time for bed, no more signings tonight, and I'm shattered. One quick sweep of the open tabs just incase...

Sees mention theres one more to come tonight

*sighs* Guess its no sleep for me tonight then...

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

RG: Think its time for bed, no more signings tonight, and I'm shattered. One quick sweep of the open tabs just incase...

Sees mention theres one more to come tonight

*sighs* Guess its no sleep for me tonight then...

Sees Craig Curran has left Dundee...

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

why are you like this?!?!

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed :lol:

I'm aff, don't see any more signings tonight despite what folk are saying tbh. Glad this mess of a window is over and we've come out it, on paper, in decent shape. 

Woke up this morning to see we have Jason Holt, delighted with that piece of news. As others have said hopefully we will pick up a left back for cover this week.

The transfer window has been slow but we covered Centre Back, Right back, Centre Midfield and Striker. The centre Back looks a dud and our starting line up there will be Kerr and Gordon. Attacking wise it is very exciting May, Kennedy, O'Halloran, Wright and Swanson. The challenge Tommy has is to find a formation that suits all their attacking qualities.

I still fear our biggest problem is a very young and inexperienced Central defence and our defending as a team. If we cannot keep clean sheets, we are not going to get very many wins and that means not very many points which in turn could spell relegation battle.

Signing Vihmann as a starting Centre Back could be a big problem should we get an injury or suspension at Centre Back because in my opinion he is not good enough. 

Only time will tell and I do hope the clean sheets appear and the our goals for column begins to tick over each game.

I'm glad we got shot of that dud Grant after he didn't score in his first few games, he was never going to cut it. And I'm so relieved the manager ditched that boy Swanson after his debut at Palmerston. 

When did we stop giving players a chance? Vihmann will be playing against Belarus and Netherlands this week, I don't believe Estonia are that short of players.

12 minutes ago, Radford said:

When did we stop giving players a chance? Vihmann will be playing against Belarus and Netherlands this week, I don't believe Estonia are that short of players.

By your theory, he should be playing before Kerr and Gordon as he is a top Estonian centre back Internationalist. Kerr and Gordon are nowhere near being a top Scottish centre back internationalists. I do not see much difference in the sides.