Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sounds like we can expect 1 or 2 more in today, and that doesn't seem to include the left back. We've apparently identified '1 or 2' options that we can sign outside the window for that.

Wright also saying one or two players will hopefully leave 'for the sake of their careers'. You have to assume that's McMillan and Anderson but we'll see what the next 10 hours or so brings.

Sounds like he's expecting a long day regardless of anything else. No doubt we'll still be getting rumours near the deadline.

Anderson and McMillan have been training with the youth squad recently so certainly likely to be them but I expect certainly in Anderson's case he might be reluctant to move on due to a drop in money. Could be wrong though, if hes keen to play then he might well do. McMillian I expect he'd be keen to return to Ireland and play PT again with his relatively lucrative profession he was working before. 

I think Callahan has been training with the youth squads too but not 100% sure if that is the case. 

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How far has Anderson sank? I've never rated him (But you lot always have!) and as a CH - we are getting desperate. Could he still handle a title challenge/play-off push in the league below?

He is obviously surplus to requirements  here but he did a very good job with Partick last year.His days as a top league central defender are probably behind him but I reckon he could still do a very well for a championship side.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How far has Anderson sank? I've never rated him (But you lot always have!) and as a CH - we are getting desperate. Could he still handle a title challenge/play-off push in the league below?

Hard to say to be honest. He seemed to score a few goals for Thistle in the 2nd half of last season but I don't think he shone defensively. You could definitely do worse but he's definitely on his last legs.

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Holt, Shaw, then Scobbie after the window closes IMO.

TBF Tam would be better than our big Estonian brute if required to play in the middle. Surely better options available if hes coming in to cover LB though?

I dont doubt you're thinking though, you're probably right. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think Dorrans is a better player but I think Holt would be better for us. I'm not sure we can afford to take a gamble on an injury prone player to play that role.

I think if I had the choice of Dorrans on a two-year deal or Holt on a one-year loan, I'd be going for the former. Not a great fan of taking both the Old Firm's fringe players on board just to get them out of the way at their respective clubs.

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

broadfoot....

Kirk Broadfoot leaving Kilmarnock because he doesn't rate the management team is a pretty damning indictment of the management team.  

He will probably end up at Bolton, they are desperate enough for players to sign him

23 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Kirk Broadfoot leaving Kilmarnock because he doesn't rate the management team is a pretty damning indictment of the management team.  

He will probably end up at Bolton, they are desperate enough for players to sign him

He does not have long to set it up the English window closes at 5pm. I'm talking rubbish he is free doh

Edited by Templar

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Anderson and McMillan have been training with the youth squad recently... 

Something Tommy Wright said he didn't do. Guess it shows how desperate he is getting. 

I think the problem with McMillan is that he doesn't want to go back to Ireland; every club over there would take him in an instance. It doesn't leave him many options though. 

United fans remarkably positive about Ralston. I think if he was being signed today to challenge Foster, the reaction would be much more positive. Hopefully he can show maturity beyond his years. 

2 hours ago, perthsaints99 said:

I think if I had the choice of Dorrans on a two-year deal or Holt on a one-year loan, I'd be going for the former. Not a great fan of taking both the Old Firm's fringe players on board just to get them out of the way at their respective clubs.

Who says Holt will be a loan now?