Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes. Everyone has to up their game all over the park. Also agree Kennedy usually puts a good ball in.

And a lot of good points from others about our movement and lack of support going forward.

Again Ross Callachan. Charges about like a bull in a china shop but always gets up the park and supports the front players. Alston used to be decent at that as well.

Not arguing with the selection, as I more or less agreed with it before KO, but watching the game it was obvious we needed more from centre midfield to support the wide players and the striker.  Something for the manager to think about..

It's one of Tommy's biggest faults, he's genunely good at setting up a team to go and play at Easter Road/Pittodrie or Tynecastle to get a good result. It seems we always have a winnable home game after that and he falls into  he trap of giving the exact same side the start in the next game without recognising it will be a totally different game and alternative personel/gameplan needed.

I thought he said recently he had been guilty of being too loyal to some players and not sure if that's what he meant

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Fml

The roll of honour for that goal:

Tanser shite free kick

Duffy gifting possession to killie

Tanser going darting past Duffy instead of dropping back to give him an option the way he is facing

McCann not fouling at halfway. Did it well and took his booking v Livi 

Gordon for not winning and clearing the ball 

Duffy for knocking it towards his own goal to the killie player 

McCann possibly unlucky in making the challenge that bounced up perfectly for the killie player to finish

Would love to hear Tommy's opinion on the 4-5-1 at home.

We are a team who's best players play LW and RW. 90% of our attacks go down the wings. 2 of our 3 central midfielders barely touch the ball at home and neither offer cover to the defence or support the lone striker. They float back and forward.

So the big question is, if we never go through the middle why play 3 players there? If we are asking our wingers to beat their man and cross it who exactly are they crossing to? 1 lone striker? Sorry Tommy, at home it's just pish. Unless we see Murray of old galloping forward at the hint of a ball in the box then no thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

That absolutely reeks of panic. 

Tbf it's just an unsubstantiated rumour from an apparent ITK twitter account.

Let's hope it's just the usual shite posturing from one of those accounts.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf it's just an unsubstantiated rumour from an apparent ITK twitter account.

Let's hope it's just the usual shite posturing from one of those accounts.

You didn't put "IMO" in your post at any point, so we are clearly dealing with facts here. 

Monday bingo: What business do folk think will happen tomorrow? How many players in and names if you want, then how many out and who? 

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

Kane and the wingers were offered zero support from the midfielders. I thought Duffy tried to support MOH on the right but was rubbish at it and proved more of a hindrance than a help and Tanser was weirdly slow to get up the pitch on the left. Definitely need to be more ambitious at home. 

Duffy did over lap, then recieved the ball and shat it, several times. Just cross the fucking ball you useless piece of shite.

18 minutes ago, Radford said:

Monday bingo: What business do folk think will happen tomorrow? How many players in and names if you want, then how many out and who? 

What I want? If there were no worries about balancing the books...

In: Experienced first team quality RB, back up LB to push Tanser, CM with some form of ability on the ball and both ends of the pitch, ST to compete with May and provide another option.

Out: McCann on loan to a Championship side, Hendry on loan to a Championship side, McMillan to the sea

Leaves a squad of:

Spoiler

GK: Clark, Parish

DEF: New RB, Duffy, Kerr, Gordon, Anderson, Vihmann, Tanser, New LB

MID: New CM, Muzz, Craig, Callachan, McLean, Wotherspoon, MOH, Wright, Kennedy, Swanson 

ATT: May, New ST, Kane

Anderson ideally kept around purely for dressing room impact and numbers, we now have two for every back four position. Callachan and McLean better to be sitting in the stands while McCann develops at a more suitable level. Same with Hendry, better to get him regular games at a level he fits at, than have him in the stands.

What I'm expecting?

In: Ralston (loan), a complete random midfielder we've not been linked with yet

Out: One of McLean or Callachan on loan

TW to say we're still exploring the free agency for a LB so there's no rush there. Lack of bodies going out meant nobody could come in.

New CM to be wedged into the side for the first three games, before being dropped and slowly slipping into the ether before leaving in January. 

It’s funny, because after all these seasons, I think the one player who can actually help this team and formation is David Wotherspoon, on the left hand side. Let Kennedy come onside and try and create something and float around like he wants to do anyway. Spoony will always show for a ball and try and create something as well.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

It’s funny, because after all these seasons, I think the one player who can actually help this team and formation is David Wotherspoon, on the left hand side. Let Kennedy come onside and try and create something and float around like he wants to do anyway. Spoony will always show for a ball and try and create something as well.

I too think the teams needs him, either on the wing, full back or defensive midfield. I think he could do a job in anyone of those positions and he would be my captain. I still believe Tommy gave the captaincy to Kerr because he would being almost every game season.I yet to see his captains quality shine through quite the opposite it has hindered his game 

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I get that folk are saying they expected us to be struggling after the first six games, and that kilmarnock finished third last season so would always be a tough game.

But let's not kid ourselves, that is a dreadful result. Killie had scored one goal in 3 matches, they're out the league cup, and were put out of Europe by a Welsh minnow. There are major doubts about their new manager. They have very few forward options, their support are crying out for new forward players, and had a makeshift defence featuring a player they only signed yesterday.

And we absolutely gift a goal to a team who have barely had any shots at goal this season, let alone scored many.  A team who are notoriously hard to break down when they get ahead, and love sitting in protecting a lead.

The other thing is we've given a potential rival a kick-start to their season. In a league where it looks like there won't be a Dundee style safety net filling bottom place, we want to isolate someone down there and let the panic start to grow. Instead, killie are now off and running and will probably build on this result.

Really poor all round.

No they’re not.

I've said a few times I think Wotherspoon is best on the left, gives the midfield a balance.

Can't help but feel it's just the latest straw we're clutching too though. This Summer we've decided we'll be fine when Gordon comes back from injury and strengthens the defence, when Kennedy comes back from injury, when Wright comes back from injury, when we sign a striker, when we sign a central midfielder, and now when Wotherspoon is back from injury.

Easy and simple to say after a defeat, but you're looking at the manager at this stage. I dont want him gone, far from it, before anyone starts, but hes a long way from what brought him success now. 

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The roll of honour for that goal:

Tanser shite free kick

Duffy gifting possession to killie

Tanser going darting past Duffy instead of dropping back to give him an option the way he is facing

McCann not fouling at halfway. Did it well and took his booking v Livi 

Gordon for not winning and clearing the ball 

Duffy for knocking it towards his own goal to the killie player 

McCann possibly unlucky in making the challenge that bounced up perfectly for the killie player to finish

And Chris Kane of course.  It was obviously all his fault. Grrrrrrrrrr...