Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Some kick in the stones for Duffy. 

Presumably Ralston has been signed to play.

Which means we'll only see Duffy against Celtic.

The May signing shouldn't take away from what a shambles this has been of a summer.

Now we have to hope that Stevie can find his shooting boots.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He seems have predicted something two weeks ago that happened yesterday, but no idea how accurate he is.

Wasn't Herron a right winger/fullback during his time in Scotland?

Depending how reliable the internet is it looks like their record sale was 200k so that seems a bit far fetched

Just now, steviemay17 said:

Depending how reliable the internet is it looks like their record sale was 200k so that seems a bit far fetched

The fact they mentioned a fee at all makes it seem ridiculous, tbh. I've no idea about him at all.

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

He recently signed a new contract.

Do not think that is the type of deal we go for - paying for a player who has just committed to his present club.

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Does signing Ralston rule us out of a loan move for Holt? That’d be like choosing a mouldy cheeseburger over a fillet steak. 

I don't think so. I'm sure we can have four "domestic loans", but only one per club. You're allowed an unlimited amount of loans from outwith Scotland.

So Ralston in on loan rules out any other Celtic loanee.

FWIW I don't think we're getting Holt.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think so. I'm sure we can have four "domestic loans", but only one per club. You're allowed an unlimited amount of loans from outwith Scotland.

So Ralston in on loan rules out any other Celtic loanee.

FWIW I don't think we're getting Holt.

Is it not one from the same division though? 

Just now, Kyle said:

Don't think so? Sure its just one per club.

I'm sure Ross County had Jamie Lindsay (Celtic) and Greg Tansey (Aberdeen) on loan at the same time the season they went down.

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't think so? Sure its just one per club.

I'm sure Ross County had Jamie Lindsay (Celtic) and Greg Tansey (Aberdeen) on loan at the same time the season they went down.

@RandomGuy. is right (unless they've changed the rules again). I made an arse of myself on here last season as I was under the same impression as @Kyle until someone pointed out that St Mirren had Ryan Edwards on loan from Hearts and Lee Hodson on loan from Rangers at the same time.

Under 50 hours until the window shuts. 

Worth a wee reminder of our transfer business so far...

InStevie May (Aberdeen, released), Elliot Parish (Dundee, end of contract), Wallace Duffy (Celtic, end of contract), Madis Vihmann (Flora Tallinn, loan)

Out:  Ricky Foster (Ross County, released), Joe Shaughnessy (Southend, end of contract), Brian Easton (Hamilton, end of contract), Aaron Comrie (Dunfermline, end of contract), Blair Alston (Hamilton, end of contract), Tony Watt (CSKA Sofia, end of contract)

We've successfully lost depth, quality, and experience, and we won't be gaining that over the next two days.

Poor, poor Summer.

If you compare them like for like, then you'll have Ralston as a huge downgrade on Foster, but Duffy as an upgrade on Comrie. Vihmann is a huge downgrade on Shaughnessy. Easton hasn't been replaced, neither had Alston. I can't see May being worse than Watt in terms of goals.

Edited by RandomGuy.