Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Watching it back, as good as Celtic were, that really was ridiculously poor defending for so many of the goals.

Stephen Thompsons summary of "a disgraceful performance" is absolutely spot on.

Duffy's body position for the first showing Johnston inside 6 yards from goal is schoolboy stuff. Every defender standing about 5 yards off Christie when he's 20 yards from goal in a decent shooting position is a complete lack of desire to do your job. But to do exactly the same for about 3 more goals?!  Then Clarks total howler for the third..

Add in the total lack of courage to retain possession by just about everyone other than McCann.

I kind of wrote it off yesterday to Celtic being too good and us not being ready, especially defensively, but that was shambolic.  Celtic actually took their foot of the gas for about 20 minutes after half time.  That could so easily have been 10 or more.

Fully expect a massive improvement in our organisation and discipline next week.

17 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You guy's look terrible looks like you are going down . 7 seriously SEVEN against.  Shit defenders shit forwards. Plenty time to fix the shambles that you are you must be glad of Hamilton. As long as you have a good goalie te he he he he. Get United , Dundee , Thistle, Morton , Dunfermline bigger club's than the  rubber Jonneys . Sugar daddy getting fed  up going down. 

'Really Drunk And Embarrassing Zebra', more like.

18 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You guy's look terrible looks like you are going down . 7 seriously SEVEN against.  Shit defenders shit forwards. Plenty time to fix the shambles that you are you must be glad of Hamilton. As long as you have a good goalie te he he he he. Get United , Dundee , Thistle, Morton , Dunfermline bigger club's than the  rubber Jonneys . Sugar daddy getting fed  up going down. 

giphy.gif.e174516686b3e18c4d21e6e6cd458dba.gif

8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Don't want to be the bore here but I was presuming it would be one or the other? Particularly after Tommy said on Friday we were speaking to 2 or 3. 

Aye, hes edited the article now to clarify any move for Hemmings depends on whether we get May. 

Imagine putting Kane Hemmings down as second choice behind Stevie May. Oft.

Also, Hemmings left Scotland because his missus wanted to live down South, I'd expect you'd need to shell out major money for him.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Imagine putting Kane Hemmings down as second choice behind Stevie May. Oft.

Also, Hemmings left Scotland because his missus wanted to live down South, I'd expect you'd need to shell out major money for him.

I suspect your second paragraph may partially explain your first. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I suspect your second paragraph may partially explain your first. 

Aye, he was on £6000 per week at Oxford (According to their forums at the time) and Notts County purchased him from them so I'd imagine he's still somewhere around that figure. They'll be wanting to offload no doubt due to his wages, but I'm not so sure he'll be looking to leave.

Just now, mizfit said:

Notts may just end up offering him a decent payoff deal.

I doubt we’ll get both, I really do. But if it happened it would be a massive shock.

I'd be absolutely stunned if Hemmings returned to Scotland tbqh. I reckon it's a pressure tactic if there is any truth in it to say to Stevie May that you lads have other targets.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Hemmings back up here - he might just want to play football and St Johnstone will offer him that. 

Agree with Ludo on one thing though, Hemmings second choice behind May? LawL. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be absolutely stunned if Hemmings returned to Scotland tbqh. I reckon it's a pressure tactic if there is any truth in it to say to Stevie May that you lads have other targets.

That's exactly what I think it is as well. We usually try to keep our signing targets under wraps, but I wonder if we've actively involved the media here so it doesn't look like Stevie May is our only target.

Would have been brilliant if we were after both, but I'd be amazed if we could have afforded it.

My Guess would be that after the May deal fell through Saints made a number of tentative inquiries to see if players were available, Hemmings being one of them.His agent then goes to the press saying that we are interested in signing him but so are a number of other clubs..The tabloids then print a story that we are in talks to sign him.