Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

If you dislike WAP so much why are you one of the most frequent posters on it ?

Where have I said I disliked it?

We had this conversation months ago when everyone claimed it was dying. For whatever reason though, Saints fans on there and FB seem to have some absolutely mental views on things.

2 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Tansey released from st.mirren. Hopefully we’re not looking at him 

140617311_tenor(8).gif.4382c815554e6ec9bdbf2665612ddeab.gif

1 minute ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

If he’s not in the plans and they are about to get rid of him then would it not be better to have someone else on the bench ? 

Maybe down to injuries? Curtis Main not being involved at all suggests May is simply taking his seat to make up attacking numbers.

1 minute ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

If he’s not in the plans and they are about to get rid of him then would it not be better to have someone else on the bench ? 

I'm sure they'd be happy enough to keep him at the club if he expressed a desire to stay. Hypothetically, if negotiations with St. Johnstone fell apart again, it would be sensible of Aberdeen to ensure that Stevie still feels like has a part to play at Pittodrie and not to be completely frozen out. They will only release him if a deal is officially agreed.

Also, Curtis Main is ill and maybe McInnes would just prefer to have May on the bench instead of a young, untested striker.

Not yet its not. WAP has someone claiming TW won the Cup with Lomas' squad and has never made a decent attacking signing.
The Banter page has someone saying Saints fans are "pathetic" for accepting "middle of the road mediocrity" and TW should be replaced by a better manager. He claims Owen Coyle, John Hughes or Jim McIntyre would be an upgrade. If not we should go for someone in the backroom staff trying to take a step up, like Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock :lol:

That’s ridiculous, of course. I missed the bit about Steve Clarke. Bad choice to mention Coyle, Hughes or McIntyre. Some of it is amusing at times.
I prefer to discuss Kerr’s loss of form - having missed all 3 away games - or how Vihmann looks. I’d prefer Gordon to get a run of games and am unsure about our new captain.

For what it's worth, I don't reckon we're actually in talks with May yet. The media have probably just jumped on TW's comments about wanting to reignite the deal. Next few days though...

As for Jason, it was a big surprise to me when he was announced captain. Obviously it was partly a ploy to encourage him to stay at the club and perhaps increase his transfer value in the process, but his performances have been concerning so far. Liam Craig was always the obvious choice for me.

2 minutes ago, andrewh said:

That’s ridiculous, of course. I missed the bit about Steve Clarke. Bad choice to mention Coyle, Hughes or McIntyre. Some of it is amusing at times.
I prefer to discuss Kerr’s loss of form - having missed all 3 away games - or how Vihmann looks. I’d prefer Gordon to get a run of games and am unsure about our new captain.

I'm fairly sure Gordon will get a run of games when he's fit again. I think that's in about 2 or 3 weeks, so miss the Livi game but back for Hibs?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where have I said I disliked it?

We had this conversation months ago when everyone claimed it was dying. For whatever reason though, Saints fans on there and FB seem to have some absolutely mental views on things.

Close it down Beatson, I defended it before but its done now.

If Tansey is fit and able to play then he would be a decent signing, plus he can take a good set piece so we can stop the obvious high + deep delivery every time which is impossible to score from.

Swansons too unfit to play on the wing, move him deeper as someone good on the ball but accept he will be a passenger defensively or get rid

callachan is  a good athlete but has 0 footballing ability - get rid

we haven't seen a tommy " different option/target man" signing for a while like iwelumo or fallon , give that a whirl again.

also just get may signed so we can talk about something else for a while