Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You do know exactly what we'll get is silence though?

Nah, offical Twitter just sent out a tweet...

Spoiler

Chances of Tommy Wright leaving have surely increased on the back of all this. His Saints tv interview was... shall we say... extremely brief and he's bound to be exceptionally pissed off at how this has turned out. He dodged the wider media last night too.

The statement from the chairman last Tuesday and releasing the story to the press on Monday (which I assume is what happened, given that the Daily Record, Sun and Courier all released the story more or less in tandem) looks like a horrendous misjudgement on our part. 

Agree with Radford - the club can't just stay silent on this and hope it goes away. Deals collapse all the time but this has been played out in a very public way and involves an all time cult hero of the club.

Edited by Kyle

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I see that's us released a club statement confirming the May to St Johnstone deal is off. Turnbullesque saga.

St Johnstone statement...

Currently, we have been unable to come to an agreement with the player's agent,

St Johnstone FC is content that it has made a magnificent offer and it is now up to the agent and player to decide if the player wants to join St Johnstone.

If not, we move on.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Was speaking to Goody last night, wouldn't be surprised at all.

I'm not sure you quite see what the rumour was - it said someone offered him MORE money.

St. Mirren are as tight as two coats of paint. ;) 

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Chances of Tommy Wright leaving have surely increased on the back of all this. 

I imagine it might depend on the circumstances of how it fell through.

May could easily be the problem.

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

where are you seeing this?

You might be whooshing me with your apparent whoosh, but think that was a piss take of the celtic turnbull tweet.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine it might depend on the circumstances of how it fell through.

May could easily be the problem.

That Record article indicates he passed a medical... maybe it was a wave-through. Maybe there was a level you were prepared to go to for a player who wasn't necessarily 100% fit, but as soon as they started squeezing you for more, it became too much of a gamble. 

Blind speculation, mind.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

That Record article indicates he passed a medical... maybe it was a wave-through. Maybe there was a level you were prepared to go to for a player who wasn't necessarily 100% fit, but as soon as they started squeezing you for more, it became too much of a gamble. 

Blind speculation, mind.

I've no idea tbh. Being Saints you automatically assume its come down to too much money being asked somewhere.

Vine had a reputation of starting gambling rings within the Saints dressing room, if that gives you an insight into whos dealing with Mays career.

2 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Reports of Stevie May being seen in Dingwall Wimpy

You will soon Know, Vine (His agent) was staying in a brown trailer van parked at McD all this week seen it pulling out this morning and heading up the A9

looks like he is wanting free parking for his holidays.