Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

this is the summer May comes home

You've all seen the meme going around from his attempted shot on goal from the weekend right? :whistle

It made some of Kano's shooting look impressive. 

Joking aside what Saints fan doesn't love Mr May but as I'm fairly sure @RandomGuy. Mentioned as well a few weeks ago Aberdeen would want some money to recoup some of what they paid and I don't think we would or should spend and gamble on someone who in a better performing team has scored less than Watt, Kane etc have managed. It's just not sensible business. 

A loan would be the most likely avenue if at all.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

34 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You've all seen the meme going around from his attempted shot on goal from the weekend right? :whistle

Joking aside what Saints fan doesn't love Mr May but as I'm fairly sure @RandomGuy. Mentioned as well a few weeks ago Aberdeen would want some money to recoup some of what they paid and I don't think we would or should spend and gamble on someone who in a better performing team has scored less than Watt, Kane etc have managed. It's just not sensible business. 

Random loves to post that May hasn't been used properly. He's played everywhere across the front four in countless different systems. Rarely dropped until this season when McInnes decided to go with Stewart and Cosgrove. He just doesn't have it anymore.

10 hours ago, Kyle said:

I think it is. It's quite clear from what the manager has said that Easton has been offered a short term deal, a massive pay cut or potentially both. If there are appearance related bonuses, he has to consider whether he thinks he'll get back in ahead of Tanser, which I wouldn't back him to do on the basis of the last season.

The club has to do right by itself obviously but the same argument applies to Easton. It's a kick in the stones that he's been on full pay for the last 18 months and not kicked a ball and now that's fit enough to play he's leaving but maybe he feels he can't live on whatever we're offering, or he feels there's a chance he'll be without a club at all whenever this deal expires. The last time we offered a player battling back from a long term injury a contract was Davidson and that only until the end of August so not inconceivable we've done the same thing again.

No hard feelings from me if he goes. I can see why people are disappointed but he's essentially a second choice left back now. I'm sure we'll be able to find a younger player to come in a hopefully push Tanser if Easton does go.

My source indicates Easton has been offered a 6 month deal

On 21/05/2019 at 14:56, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Aye a loan would be best.

If a fee was to be spent this Summer, I'd rather we went for Kane Hemmings.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Sky Sports News reporting today that Drey Wright hopes to be fit enough for the start of pre-season.

Great news if true, had heard previously from a fellow Saints fan that they reckoned it might be end of August before he'd be ready.

Theres an article in the Scotsman where he says something along the lines of not wanting to put a specific date on a playing return, but hes aiming for the "first month of the season".

Also says he'll be at the club training before the rest of the squad come back.

Found it...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Which Dundee fan was it that called him the fat winger? I’m convinced Drey Wright was involved in more points this season than the whole Dundee team? He only played until October as well!

23 minutes ago, Widge said:

Which Dundee fan was it that called him the fat winger? I’m convinced Drey Wright was involved in more points this season than the whole Dundee team? He only played until October as well!

On 09/05/2018 at 17:41, Yenitit said:

Who the f**k is Drey Wright :lol: :lol: 

On 09/05/2018 at 21:50, Yenitit said:

We sign Steven Caulker, you sign Drey Wright. 

On 09/05/2018 at 22:04, Yenitit said:

He plays for Colchester United :lol:

On 09/05/2018 at 23:37, Yenitit said:

I though we pumped the cuddly wee Saintees 3 times this season and McCann had Tommy The Grass in his hipper, my bad. 

Congrats on signing a rotund winger fae Colchester tho  :lol:

On 09/05/2018 at 23:47, Cerberus said:

Colchester are a bigger club than St Johnstone.

Youd think Partick and Dundee fans would learn...

Wright last played in Novermber, in game he was involved in, St Johnstone picked up 24 points.

Dundee picked up 21pts all season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 minutes ago, Widge said:

Yenitit then Spud got his wee jibe in too, Drey Wright along with wee Matty is probably the best bit of business I've seen Saints do in years.

On 10/05/2018 at 11:41, Chewing Taffies said:

How do you think you lads will do next season? Try and push into top 6? or happy surviving? 

On 10/05/2018 at 12:45, Yenitit said:

How do you think you boy’s will do next season? Try and push into top 6 or happy to survive?

I think with the long established players you’re losing plus others (Davidson and the guys on loan) I think you’ll  finish 10th at best. Asking understudies to step into the position of those departuring and the poor standard of this summer’s recruitment so far don’t bode well for the future. 

Saintees have been shit since October, (you’ve always been shite tbf). Just as well you had a tremendous start to this season. 

Between the Saintees, St Mirren and Accies to go down. 

There was more from Yenitit :lol: