Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

That's not how we do things under current tutelage...

Not an endorsement we're signing Scougall either. Hopeful, but, he's not short of options.

Fair enough. As bad as us by the sounds of it then.

Be interesting to see how Scobbie does at Tannadice, although it's a decent opportunity for him. He falls into the category of the likes of Maybury and Miller before him, guys you are happy with playing 20 games in a season but who you wouldn't want to see play 40 games. We'll see if he's able to establish himself a bit further down the ladder and also in what position. I wouldn't have thought he'd offer enough going forward for a what a team wanting to win the Championship want from left back. I probably prefer him at centre back, certainly his better games for Saints were in that position I reckon.

Don't see the (urgent) need for Saints to rush out and replace him.

Does Kerr getting ready number 15 shirt hint that we'll see him more involved? Or will it be Gordon and Gilchrist (if Gilchrist actually does exist)

4 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Fair enough. As bad as us by the sounds of it then.

Not really, the club are pretty communicative it's just as onthefringes says its a policy they have that they try to avoid commenting on specific targets since as Alan Burrows pointed out, they've been made to look daft in the past if they've missed out on a player they've said they're in for.

Burrows did a 15 minute interview that went up on the club YouTube the other week that was basically an appraisal of the past season, what went wrong and what their plans were going forward. He also indicated via Twitter that he's hopeful of bringing in at least 5 more players. Stephen Robinson did a 10 minute interview that again went up on the official YouTube outlining what sort of players he's looking for and giving an idea of transfer policy. So in that respect they're open with what they're trying to do.

As it stands we've already brought 5 players to the club so far with (I'd imagine) at least two more to be announced today.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does Kerr getting ready number 15 shirt hint that we'll see him more involved? Or will it be Gordon and Gilchrist (if Gilchrist actually does exist)

Comrie has been given 14 as well, so they've both been given an incentive to make a case for themselves in the first team now that some of the barriers in their respective positions are gone.

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not really, the club are pretty communicative it's just as onthefringes says its a policy they have that they try to avoid commenting on specific targets since as Alan Burrows pointed out, they've been made to look daft in the past if they've missed out on a player they've said they're in for.

Burrows did a 15 minute interview that went up on the club YouTube the other week that was basically an appraisal of the past season, what went wrong and what their plans were going forward. He also indicated via Twitter that he's hopeful of bringing in at least 5 more players. Stephen Robinson did a 10 minute interview that again went up on the official YouTube outlining what sort of players he's looking for and giving an idea of transfer policy. So in that respect they're open with what they're trying to do.

As it stands we've already brought 5 players to the club so far with (I'd imagine) at least two more to be announced today.

Definitely not like us at all then! We have improved though...we now tell fans when we've actually signed established Prem players. 

I wonder if it's just co-incidence that Scobbie leaves and we hear that we are possibly bringing in a player. Thought we were ok for 2 or 3 new signings rather than being dependant on one out, one in.

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'd like to remember Tam Scobbie for his winning penalty against Luzern rather than his f**k up against Aberdeen.... or Alashkert.... etc etc etc

It was always his story about that night I'll remember: the Lucerne goalkeeper coming out to unsettle him at his penalty and saying, 'It's just you and me.'

And Tam looking bemused and replying, 'Well it wasn't going to be anyone else, was it?'

This is going to be an awful Summer isn't it? Where we don't sign anyone exciting and then lose our manager.

I feel like a dying man who took his life for granted. I want to turn back time *sadface*

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is going to be an awful Summer isn't it? Where we don't sign anyone exciting and then lose our manager.

I feel like a dying man who took his life for granted. I want to turn back time *sadface*

You sound like us Dons fan........

Still, it could be worse. Your club could be running around, throwing money it doesn't have, at random foreigners. 

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly sure that you're like this every transfer window.