Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

You're right, it's live on BT Sport.  I hadn't realised.

£27 for a game live on tv.

Far better to make an extra few grand off rangers fans.  We have a big enough home support as it is, so it doesn't really matter if a few folk get put off and don't bother coming.  The manager and players probably prefer it when the home support is outnumbered 2:1 anyway, makes it more of a challenge.

:wacko:

27 quid for 90 minutes of probably low quality entertainment, at the biggest time of year that folk will feel financial strain when its available essentially for free on television.

Scottish Football is done. Literally just the hardcore left. Sooner the market crashes, the better.

Saints have announced a profit of £98,577 in accounts to year end of May 2016. Follows profits of £250k and £850k in 2014 and 2015.
giphy.gif

Read that Saints would have been at substantial six figure loss without the sale of O'Halloran.

I'm guessing that if they hadn't sold O'Halloran they probably wouldn't have spent that money.

Being a Pars fan I'm not quite down with how finances work but I reckon I've nailed that one imo.

Well we'd only got £250k from the MOH deal as far as I'm aware for those accounts, so substantial is a slight over exaggeration there. You're essentially correct we'd have cut the budget and not signed an extra player, we can also afford to make a slight lose every few seasons with how much we've got in the bank.

This season we're playing Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee at home twice (not including possible split games) so our takings from attendances will probably be up too, as well as Rangers excellent away following (that was begrudged).

All in all, were still as well run as ever and if he ever start to make losses, will cut back accordingly and be sensible.

Read that Saints would have been at substantial six figure loss without the sale of O'Halloran.

Take 250k of the 98k and there you go, if you believe we'd have spent the same money as we have, without that fee. Although nobody knows when the second installment was due for MOH.

Regardless I'm sure we're now close to £2.2m in the bank, and the whole "if you hadn't sold that players you'd be losing money" is a pointless one at best

I'm not having a dig or anything like that, just going by the quotes I read from Steve Brown although it was in the sun mind you.

Edit: it was the sun who said substantial, Brown did say six figures though.

I'm not having a dog or anything like that, just going by the quotes I read from Steve Brown although it was in the sun mind you.

Edit: it was the sun who said substantial, Brown did say six figures though.

At worst it would've been ~£400k. Although we wouldn't have spent as much as we have since, so you could say it mightve been ~£250k. A loss that's easily swallowed by last year's profits.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At worst it would've been ~£400k. Although we wouldn't have spent as much as we have since, so you could say it mightve been ~£250k. A loss that's easily swallowed by last year's profits.

Who's to say with MOH we wouldn'thave finished higher up the league? It's all ifs and buts. What we do know is we're fucking minted.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Take 250k of the 98k and there you go, if you believe we'd have spent the same money as we have, without that fee. Although nobody knows when the second installment was due for MOH.

Regardless I'm sure we're now close to £2.2m in the bank, and the whole "if you hadn't sold that players you'd be losing money" is a pointless one at best

£2.067m in the bank – marginally down on last year. Increase in admin expenses and 600k drop in turnover

Edited by Mr Heliums

Just looking at the accounts, it seems clear we got £446,677 for O'Halloran (£811,703 for May the season before), so income from football operations only slightly down, from £4.8m to £4.6m.

I've just been shafted £124.50 for three adults and two u18s for the Rangers game. If that's illustrative, I expect our turnover to rocket this season.

[Happy to post more details of accounts if anyone's interested]

Edited by Mr Heliums