The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

To be fair he's only second guessing whats gonna happen for the season ahead ? It would only b a get it up ye post if u'd failed 2 get promotion ?
So it was only an opinion an your team have proved him wrong ?

It wasn't even correct either given that we'd been promoted to the top division before and were in it for a few seasons! 

We could hardly have been tipped for promotion when we were in the top league so I don't even know what he was on about.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumbernauld beat Blantyre to make sure they stay up, Maryhill also won against Irvine Vics to go above Yoker, but with a far superior goal difference then Yoker only really need a point from their last two games at home to Girvan and Petershill.

ffe3adfc25b7365d259c9b1d387161bb.jpg

Yoker Athletic v Girvan on Saturday.

Yoker need a draw to effectively secure safety from relegation, and Girvan need a draw to be confirmed as champions. It's a conspiracy theorist's dream.

However, I'm sure the Clydebank fans will be out en masse to support Yoker and cheer them on to a win to make Clydebank champions, while Maryhill will no doubt send a contingent down to Holm Park as well hoping that Girvan will play for the win to keep their hopes of survival alive to Yoker's last game against Petershill.

Just a word of congratulations for Cumbernauld United, though, they have once again secured their status as a Super League club. They seem to have been in this league for as long as us (they've certainly been in it the past six seasons), and I'm pleased for George Watson as he's one of the game's good guys.

11 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

From a purely selfish point of view surely Yoker cant risk playing for a draw v Girvan ?

I'll take the draw but I'd prefer it if we go for a win.

19 minutes ago, Taxman said:

I'll take the draw but I'd prefer it if we go for a win.

I'm sure your friends at Clydebank will be expecting you to go for the win, and the Maryhill people will be expecting Girvan to go for the win. 8)

I'm sure your friends at Clydebank will be expecting you to go for the win, and the Maryhill people will be expecting Girvan to go for the win. 8)

Will yoker go for the draw and f**k our title chances?id like 2 think not. Hope they play better than the 2 games I've seen them recently

Mon the papers

2 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

So would i , lol .

Yes, I'd forgotten that Kilsyth can still get automatic promotion if Girvan lose.

So Yoker getting the win would be good news for not only themselves but also for both Clydebank and Kilsyth, while a draw would be good news for Yoker but bad news for Clydebank, Kilsyth and Maryhill.

Yes, I'd forgotten that Kilsyth can still get automatic promotion if Girvan lose.
So Yoker getting the win would be good news for not only themselves but also for both Clydebank and Kilsyth, while a draw would be good news for Yoker but bad news for Clydebank, Kilsyth and Maryhill.

No be bad news for us. we r promoted just would be nice 2 win the league. If Girvan win then they deserve it tbh and there manager has done a cracking job with back to back promotions

Mon the papers

Well Mcbookie certainly feel the result may be ahemmmmm "contrived"

6/4 for the draw !!!Unheard of before in Junior betting.

What you expect in Serie B dead rubbers.

Neilston v Greenock  would have a similar win chance profile. The draw is 4/1.

Archived