The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

15 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The relegation issue could be settled tomorrow night, or maybe not :-

Cumbernauld United (10th) v Blantyre Victoria (13th)

Maryhill (11th) v Irvine Victoria (14th)

Two homes wins would see Cumbernauld safe and Yoker needing a point from their last game on Saturday against Girvan, who also only need a point to win the league. I expected Maryhill to climb clear of the drop zone, but it's down to their last match now and even a win might not be enough for them.

Your thoughts ?

Vics to beat Maryhill and relegate them along with us.

T

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Two homes wins would see Cumbernauld safe and Yoker needing a point from their last game on Saturday against Girvan, who also only need a point to win the league. I expected Maryhill to climb clear of the drop zone, but it's down to their last match now and even a win might not be enough for them.

Your thoughts ?

We still have to play Petershill after the Girvan game, date still to be arranged.

Just now, Taxman said:

We still have to play Petershill after the Girvan game, date still to be arranged.

Of course, I stand corrected. But a point on Saturday would suit both teams as it stands at the moment.

Just now, glensmad said:

Of course, I stand corrected. But a point on Saturday would suit both teams as it stands at the moment.

I'd prefer the three just to be on the safe side though lol  I should imagine it will be squeaky bum time for the Maryhill & Cumbernauld supporters tomorrow night mind you!!

3 minutes ago, Taxman said:

I'd prefer the three just to be on the safe side though lol  I should imagine it will be squeaky bum time for the Maryhill & Cumbernauld supporters tomorrow night mind you!!

Yes, and our equaliser in the last minute at Cumbernauld has changed everything for them. Had we not scored they would only have needed a draw to stay up regardless of what Maryhill do, now they may need to win.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Said before it is tighter than a paper cut at the bottom .Would not wish relegation on anyone but hope we are playing in the same league next season .....good luck to everyone still playing for something 

On 29/07/2016 at 14:56, Taxman said:

Just 33/1 to win the league although I can't quite get my head round the fact that quite a few people (apart from the deluded Bankie support) think Clydebank will be promoted, same prediction every year & it never happens!!!!  Same with Petershill & Meadow, just because they came down doesn't mean they'll immediately go back up.  As we all know, the Super First is pure mental to get out of!!! :thumsup2

Deluded Bankie support eh?

7 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Holy shit, digging up a post from july last year to say get it up you to someone, desperado or whit lol

Why did the guy feel the need to type pish like that in the 1st place other than as a get it up you?

9 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Holy shit, digging up a post from july last year to say get it up you to someone, desperado or whit lol

Water off a duck's back mate :thumsup2

Why did the guy feel the need to type pish like that in the 1st place other than as a get it up you?

To be fair he's only second guessing whats gonna happen for the season ahead ? It would only b a get it up ye post if u'd failed 2 get promotion ?
So it was only an opinion an your team have proved him wrong ?

Archived