The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

On 2017-5-17 at 19:53, Terry Tibbs said:

Only on here to pass on the news to the teams in this division that were after him. Was never in doubt with his bro playing for us

The only thing TT that was" never in doubt "was my Vics paying the £3k asking fee or Isaac's wages.

Can only agree that he is a great signing for you,however now that the deed is done, the big man is going to get it tight from all his uncles and cousins fae Irvine.

T

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be taking in Clydebank v Shettleston tomorrow, more in hope than expectation to be honest. I'm sure the Bankies fans will understand when I say I hope they lose by a few goals, but I really can't see them losing at all going by Shettleston's current form. But you never know, and it'll get me out to a game as our u21s are in a cup final on Sunday so I have a blank Saturday.

I'll be taking in Clydebank v Shettleston tomorrow, more in hope than expectation to be honest. I'm sure the Bankies fans will understand when I say I hope they lose by a few goals, but I really can't see them losing at all going by Shettleston's current form. But you never know, and it'll get me out to a game as our u21s are in a cup final on Sunday so I have a blank Saturday.

Should be a good turnout if the weather is dry. Shettleston will need 2 be on there game cos were playing well atm. Party on gartcosh tomorrow night with the burd so I'll no even get 2 celebrate if we win. F##king typical lol

Mon the papers

I'll be taking this game in aswell as we dont play till next week also looking for the bankies to drop points, a draw will do lol, we should really have been out of sight by now but a mixture of bad form at the wrong time and some injuries means we have dropped a good few points in the last few weeks, but still in it, also not to mention the bizarre run of fixtures that seen us play 6 games in 2 weeks when there was no need too

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Why don't you ask jimbo to take Clydebank in his treble,glens?:huh:

Might be regretting that tomorrow.:lol:

We've slipped down from top to 4th courtesy of our abandoned match at Cumbernauld, along with all our promotion rivals winning every game. We've been hoping for somebody to slip up but nobody has and it doesn't look like it'll happen as Girvan, Kilsyth and Petershill should win all of their remaining games.

It hasn't really changed anything for us though, we're still where we were last week in that we need to win at Cumbernauld and see what happens elsewhere. A win on Monday night would lift us back into the top 3, and then it'll be down to what the others do in their final games.

But first of all it's about what we do. It'll be a really hard game as Cumbernauld have slipped down into the bottom four today, so they're as desperate for the points as we are. It's win or bust for both of us, nothing else is good enough now.

We'll give it our best shot and hopefully get a bit of help from somewhere else.

Congrats to clydebank on their promotion today, went to the game today hoping for shettleston to take something, after a promising start they never offered much after that and clydebank should have scored more tbh, a think some of the clydebank fans need to have a look at themselves though, the abuse some of them gave the linesman in the first half was shocking, he made a mistake fair enough and by all means if you want to let him know carry on, but the stuff two guys in particular were shoutin at this guy was out of order, wouldnt repeat it, kept it going throughout the half, but as a say well done on going up

Oh boo hoo, anyway bankies are back in the top league and the rest can scrap it out for points and places.

Well done to the management team and the players on a remarkable run. With maybe a few additions this squad could do surprise a few next season.

CTID. 

53 minutes ago, junior man32 said:

Bankies "fans " hv a history of abusing officials.i used to be involved with vale of clyde .we were involved with bankies nip n tuck to win the league..vale were successful ...the abuse the vale manager at the time was disgusting

Vale of Clyde and Bankies haven't been nip and tuck in the league for quite a while!! 

Oh boo hoo, anyway bankies are back in the top league and the rest can scrap it out for points and places.
Well done to the management team and the players on a remarkable run. With maybe a few additions this squad could do surprise a few next season.
CTID. 

Certainly been a remarkable run and well done Clydebank...but not doubt the delusions of grandeur will start again from their fans...like now.

Great day at Holm Park yesterday . The transformation in the team over the last couple of months has been remarkable. Several players who were on the fringes under Budgie and indeed close to the exit door in some cases have stepped up and been outstanding of late whilst others have rediscovered the consistency that was missing for the earlier part of the season.

After falling behind to a fantastic strike from the visitors Bankies dominated the rest of the game and could easily have doubled their goals tally.

In 30 odd years of watching The Bankies there haven't been many days like yesterday. They should be savoured!

Good turn out as well yesterday - hope some who are not regular attenders liked what they saw and come back more often next season.

Well done to Kieran , Marc and the boys [emoji106][emoji2]

Monday night's matches :-

Cumbernauld United (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (4th)

Girvan (3rd) v Maryhill (10th)

Petershill (5th) v Irvine Meadow XI (6th)

Three big games affecting the promotion and relegation issues, with only Meadow not really having anything to play for.

Your thoughts ?

Monday night's matches :-

Cumbernauld United (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (4th)
Girvan (3rd) v Maryhill (10th)
Petershill (5th) v Irvine Meadow XI (6th)

Three big games affecting the promotion and relegation issues, with only Meadow not really having anything to play for.

Your thoughts ?

Your doomed,doomed i say!

Maryhill coming from two goals down to Irvine Meadow to grab a draw has lifted them out of the drop zone on goal difference. Monday night is huge now at the top and bottom.

Maryhill really dug in especially the 2nd half and got a deserved equaliser. Meadow got off to a flyer in the first half and went 2-0 up within half an hour and it looked like it would be a case of how many we could score. The Maryhill keeper took down William wells in the box and everyone around me thought it should've been a penalty and a red card. If it was given it would've given us a chance of going 3-0 up and effectively killing the game.

Credit to Maryhill though. Clearly hungrier for it and t showed in the last 20 minutes. We didn't have a single sub to make so our players were clearly knackered near the end.

Archived