The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

23 hours ago, ash said:

Prediction 

1st Clydebank  ( really don't know how they have done it but fair play.  But like when Ashfield won the league from seemingly no where)

2nd Kilsyth  ( even though they seem to have bottled it a bit the 2 games against the Vic's should just about be easy enough for them to win)

3rd Girvan  (experts at digging out results, but hard to predict how motivated Renfrew, Yoker and Maryhill will be as it COULD be all over for them at that point)

Down B Vic's, I Vic's , Shorts and Maryhill. 

Opinions? 

I think that all looks accurate apart from Maryhill.  I fancy them to stay up, and either Yoker or Cumbernauld to be dragged into the bottom 4.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, bankiestu said:

I've got it as 8 out of 8. Pollok were in the Super First the year we went down, and in fairness not all of the wins were against them.

League (Central District Division 1)     Newlandsfield     H     Cambuslang Rangers     1 - 0
Scottish Junior Cup (Semi Final 1st leg)     Newlandsfield     A     Pollok     3 - 2
Central League Cup (Final)     Newlandsfield Park     H     Ashfield     2 - 0
League (Super Premier Division)     Newlandsfield     A     Pollok     5 - 4
Central League Cup (Final)     Newlandsfield Park     A     Shotts Bon Accord     3 - 0
League (Super Premier Division)     Newlandsfield Park     A     Pollok     1 - 0
League (Super Premier Division)     Newlandsfield Park     A     Pollok     4 - 3
Central League Cup (Final)     Newlandsfield Park     A     Cumbernauld United     3 - 0

some cracking games in there. My absolute favourite ground in the Juniors ( not many to beat it at any level ) ... but this record is probably the reason for that :)

Have I missed something here? :blink:

Both Kilsyth & Vics have still to play each other, both have no fixture this weekend and are apparently listed to play each other on the 27th, same day as the senior Scottish Cup Final. :unsure2:

Why not play the fixture this weekend and Vics can finish their season next midweek away to Maryhill.:rolleyes:

T

Have I missed something here? :blink:
Both Kilsyth & Vics have still to play each other, both have no fixture this weekend and are apparently listed to play each other on the 27th, same day as the senior Scottish Cup Final. :unsure2:
Why not play the fixture this weekend and Vics can finish their season next midweek away to Maryhill.:rolleyes:
T

There is an amateur cup final being played on Duncansfield on the 20th [emoji1360]

Twists and turns this season still to come? It's been an interesting run in if nothing else!

I'm hoping for a few twists as results have just about all gone against us for the past couple of weeks.

I haven't seen any amendment to the proposal of four up from the Super First next season only, and three up from each District League, with no relegation from the Super Leagues next season only to create leagues of 16 teams. There would still be relegation from the Central District 1st Division though.

If the proposals have changed from that then perhaps somebody in the know could advise ?

I've just noticed that Shotts Bon Accord are actually now officially relegated, as Cumbernauld United play Maryhill on Wednesday night, so no matter the result in the that game Shotts won't be able to finish higher than 11th.

Archived