The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did Yoker get on today?

Yip as Glensmad say, it was 0-4. I took this game in as a neutral and you can see why Maybole are second bottom, they were arguing amongst themselves and with the manager, they lacked any poise whenever they had a shot on goal. Woeful

Original post now updated with Yoker Athletic securing safety tonight. At the moment there are 10 Central teams and only 3 Ayrshire teams. Club treasurers in the Central teams will be pleased to have less buses to pay for. ;-)

It shows you the dominance that the Ayrshire teams have over the Central teams just now.

The Super Premier is full of Ayrshire teams.

My preference is to go back to an Ayrshire Premier and an Ayrshire 1st division.

Traveling to places like Glasgow, Shotts and Kilsyth mid week is ludicrous and the fixture man seems to always favor the Glasgow teams IMO unless you're a big team like Talbot or Cumnock.

It shows you the dominance that the Ayrshire teams have over the Central teams just now.

My preference is to go back to an Ayrshire Premier and an Ayrshire 1st division.

Traveling to places like Glasgow, Shotts and Kilsyth mid week is ludicrous and the fixture man seems to always favor the Glasgow teams IMO unless you're a big team like Talbot or Cumnock.

Absolute nonsense.

They Ayrshire and Central Leagues must be integrated and a full fixture list compiled prior to season commencement. This eliminates any issues re travel.

It is a major flaw that a new Ayrshire team can reach the top echelon in 2 seasons, whereas a new Central team it takes at least 3.

why is it ludicrous? Travelling to those places takes no more than an hour tops.

Don't agree. The influence of the weegies and Lanarkshire teams have made the league more competitive.

Juniors grade in the Ayrshire have always been serious where as up in the city a lot of the bigger juniors clubs struggle getting good players as they have to fight against semi professional teams like Airdrie, Dumbarton, Stirling Albion etc.

I could be wrong though lol

why is it ludicrous? Travelling to those places takes no more than an hour tops.

You stay in Ayr and need to travel to Shotts on a Wednesday night for a 7:30pm kick off sir. You won't be home till just before midnight then up for your work the next day at 5am.

That is ludicrous sir 🙈.

You stay in Ayr and need to travel to Shotts on a Wednesday night for a 7:30pm kick off sir. You won't be home till just before midnight then up for your work the next day at 5am.

That is ludicrous sir 🙈.

how often do you travel to shotts on a wednesday?

• 2 weeks later...

The original post has been amended with the complete list of teams for next season, wirh 11 Central teams and 3 Ayrshire teams.

Lots of travelling for the two Irvine teams and Girvan.

Your thoughts at the completed line-up ?

There are no obvious candidates there for running away with the league. I would say Clydebank and Petershill will be the favourites, although that depends on what sort of squad Petershill have next season as I understand they are changing quite a few. I expect Shettleston will be up there, and Irvine Meadow are the great unknown at the moment. The promoted teams will be interesting to watch, anything can happen there with three of the teams coming up last summer going straight back down and the other being promoted again.

Rumour mills in full swing , glencairn signing quite a few body's from lower league teams. Rossvale being the biggest losers from this. Any truth too these rumours glens mad ?

We can't stop speculation, but at the moment we have nothing official to say about who is staying and who we are signing.

I presume you'll announce the Rossvale signings after the Agm, they should go well for you

We'll announce our signings for next season when the club feels it is appropriate. As I've said, we can't stop speculation.

Archived