The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

Your doomed,doomed i say!

Lol, being doomed to our 7th consecutive season in this league and our 9th consecutive season in the Super Leagues isn't really that bad a prospect, especially given how delighted your guys are to get there for the first time in 15 years. [emoji6]

I had to chuckle at George Fotheringham's post on Facebook last night claiming it was Cambuslang's first time in the Super Leagues for 30 years ! The Super Leagues only started in 2002, and Cambuslang were in it lol. [emoji23]

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm hearing a rumour that Shettleston have parted company with their manager again. Can anybody confirm ?

Yes Peter this is correct , was decided after the game yesterday that we would part ways . From myself, senior, hutch and David we would like to thank the players for there immense efforts in what has not been an easy season for them and the turmoil endured and they gave us there all . Also a big thank you to Phil, Arthur and Les on the committee.

We wish the club well and we hope to be back in the game at the soonest opportunity.

cheers

JF Jnr & Snr

Just now, BANKIEBILL said:

apart from the wee fracas near the end, the game was played in a good spirit JF Jnr. Wish you guys well

Thanks bill and all the best in your promotion, fantastic run in the guys have had .

cheers

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I'm hearing a rumour that Shettleston have parted company with their manager again. Can anybody confirm ?

Tell the truth Peter...ye were hanging about listining to a discussion ...eaves-dropping    lol

Personally would like to thank John and his team for their efforts,from their first day they faced obstacles but never once thought enough was enough when it would easier to just give up....

3 hours ago, ~C'mon the Town~ said:

Tell the truth Peter...ye were hanging about listining to a discussion ...eaves-dropping    lol

Personally would like to thank John and his team for their efforts,from their first day they faced obstacles but never once thought enough was enough when it would easier to just give up....

Was always going to be tough coming in after a lot of players leaving . Any candidate's names floating around for the management role ?

Actually no, I knew nothing about it till my journey home in the car with my three friends who will all bear witness that I was not in the vicinity of the conversation when they were told about it. So roon ye'. [emoji23]

On 2017-5-21 at 08:39, glensmad said:

Monday night's matches :-

Cumbernauld United (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (4th)

Girvan (3rd) v Maryhill (10th)

Petershill (5th) v Irvine Meadow XI (6th)

Three big games affecting the promotion and relegation issues, with only Meadow not really having anything to play for.

Your thoughts ?

Heavy rain forecast for Cumbernauld area later today - hopefully not another postponed/abandoned scenario!

1 hour ago, hollerman said:

Heavy rain forecast for Cumbernauld area later today - hopefully not another postponed/abandoned scenario!

Hopefully not, but if it is then the match could be played on Saturday 27th as Rob Roy's home games are finished and it would be Cumbernauld's last match.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Rutherglen will spank Cumbernauld tonight methinks. Not sure it will be enough though.

I really hope you're right. But we're expecting a tough game, Cumbernauld are fighting for their Super League survival, and they've been in this league every year that we've been in it so they are a proud club and will fight to maintain that status.

Archived