The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

1 minute ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Only on here to pass on the news to the teams in this division that were after him. Was never in doubt with his bro playing for us

Are they Siamese twins like?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However the season finishes your team has had some run of results the last couple of months.

A year ago this weekend coming we went away to Kilwinning and got a crucial 3 points to secure our safety from relegation. A year on we go into our final game still with a chance of promotion.

We have made huge strides as a squad this season no matter whether we go up or not. We're already 10 points ahead of our total last season and we've still got a game to play.

The first half of the season saw us take 15 points, but in the second half of the season we've taken 29 points and we still have that final match.

If we're still in this league next season, and we carry that form on, we will most certainly be in contention for one of the four potential automatic promotion places if the league reconstruction proposal is voted through.

Meanwhile, at the bottom end, a 0-0 draw between Cumbernauld and Maryhill was probably of little use to either side, and the perfect result for Yoker.

True...but maybe a harder game fir yourselves against Cumbernauld now, as they desperately need the points.

True...but maybe a harder game fir yourselves against Cumbernauld now, as they desperately need the points.

They needed the points just as much last Saturday in my opinion, but I understand where you're coming from.

Good win for us tonight to get back to winning ways, could have been a lot more tbh after hitting the woodwork 3 times and missing several good chances one on one with the goalie, so unpredictable this league but we have one more game to guarantee a top 3 spot

Good win for Kilsyth - easy to lose focus against a team already relegated and nothing to lose. Hard game for us on Saturday against a team that similarly have nothing to lose - but who will undoubtedly be wanting to spoil the party - and us dropping anything would leave the way open for Kilsyth to nab an automatic spot. Exciting end to the season

And so, on to Saturday's matches :-

Clydebank (1st) v Shettleston (6th)

Girvan (4th) v Renfrew (8th)

Maryhill (11th) v Irvine Meadow XI (7th)

Shotts Bon Accord (12th) v Blantyre Victoria (13th)

Your thoughts ?

Home
Away
Home
Home

Bankies champions season over yee ha lol. If only it was that simple. No 4 homes for me I think Girvan will win all there remaining games and beat us 2 the title. Having watched yoker last night I was hoping they'd give Girvan a game not a chance.

Mon the papers

58 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

...Having watched yoker last night I was hoping they'd give Girvan a game not a chance...

Yoker can be unpredictable, and when they're fighting relegation they're a hard hard team to play, especially at Holm Park. I remember them winning their last three games at the end of last season to stay up on goal difference, and they will need to take something from their last two games if they want to stay up again as I don't think 30 points will be enough, especially as Cumbernauld still have a home game against Blantyre and Maryhill still having to play Irvine Victoria.

We only took one point from our two games against Yoker this season, but we took six out of six against Girvan, so you never know, and if Girvan go there needing to get a result while Yoker also need a result it'll be a fascinating game to watch.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Clydebank

Renfrew

Draw

Draw

Yoker can be unpredictable, and when they're fighting relegation they're a hard hard team to play, especially at Holm Park. I remember them winning their last three games at the end of last season to stay up on goal difference, and they will need to take something from their last two games if they want to stay up again as I don't think 30 points will be enough, especially as Cumbernauld still have a home game against Blantyre and Maryhill still having to play Irvine Victoria.
We only took one point from our two games against Yoker this season, but we took six out of six against Girvan, so you never know, and if Girvan go there needing to get a result while Yoker also need a result it'll be a fascinating game to watch.

Anno there hard 2 beat us only need 2 look at our record v them at Holm park.i went 2 all 3 games last season hoping they would stay up tbh and the football wasn't great but they dug out results. I've watched them twice in recent weeks v kilysth then last night and both times I thought they were poor and. Last night a few of there players didn't look interested mainly cerrand n Maitland (tiny) and when on there game they can be an handful. I'll be down cheering them on 27th to beat Girvan.

Mon the papers

Your thoughts ?

Draw
Renfrew
Irvine
Draw
????????????????

Your thoughts ?

Draw
Girvan
Maryhill
Shotts

Archived