The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

Do you think you will keep the majority of your team for next season? Ardrossan and Whitletts will again be the two favourites to go up but at least one may bottle it again and but can only see yourselves or maybe Annbank / Dalry stopping them from promotion...?

Looking at goals against you haven't got many hammerings like other teams in bottom 5/6 have just not scored enough?

I know that we will be losing at least 2 key players, however we are already using our final games with an eye on next season. There are a couple promising youngsters lined up and with the management team staying, stability is a positive.

Next year's ADL is not going to be as straightforward as every one thinks. Whitletts and Winton will spend big as expected but throw Dalry into that group as well. E.g. big Isaac Kerr, who used to play for us would be a great acquisition,as he is available. Buffs want £3k for him, Dalry have agreed to pay it, if he wants to go there and so have Whitletts. Contrary to what people think, we don't have loads of cash, but we operate within the framework of what's there and always finish the season in the black.

However if the proposed league changes go through then a top three finish is well within our capabilities.

T

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the fixtures currently allocated for Guy's Meadow, Rob Roy's final match there is next Saturday. That leaves Cumbernauld with two home games, v Blantyre and the rearranged game v Glencairn. On that basis I see no reason why we can't have all of those games played by the 27th of May.

Looking at the fixtures currently allocated for Guy's Meadow, Rob Roy's final match there is next Saturday. That leaves Cumbernauld with two home games, v Blantyre and the rearranged game v Glencairn. On that basis I see no reason why we can't have all of those games played by the 27th of May.

If Rob Roy win v Cumnock mid week their league game may be cancelled to play the west semi.

I think the league games shown for them and Talbot are provisional.

30 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

They beat us home and away the year we went down am sure.

Mon the papers

We were in the super first the season you went down. we only beat you in a friendly (3v2) at newlandsfield

Prediction 

1st Clydebank  ( really don't know how they have done it but fair play.  But like when Ashfield won the league from seemingly no where)

2nd Kilsyth  ( even though they seem to have bottled it a bit the 2 games against the Vic's should just about be easy enough for them to win)

3rd Girvan  (experts at digging out results, but hard to predict how motivated Renfrew, Yoker and Maryhill will be as it COULD be all over for them at that point)

Down B Vic's, I Vic's , Shorts and Maryhill. 

Opinions? 

2 minutes ago, ash said:

Prediction 

1st Clydebank  ( really don't know how they have done it but fair play.  But like when Ashfield won the league from seemingly no where)

2nd Kilsyth  ( even though they seem to have bottled it a bit the 2 games against the Vic's should just about be easy enough for them to win)

3rd Girvan  (experts at digging out results, but hard to predict how motivated Renfrew, Yoker and Maryhill will be as it COULD be all over for them at that point)

Down B Vic's, I Vic's , Shorts and Maryhill. 

Opinions? 

The way results have gone I wouldn't bank on us winning next week, though obviously I am optimistic. I would be surprised if it's not us and Girvan in the top two spots, and expect Kilsyth to be 3rd.

If Rob Roy win v Cumnock mid week their league game may be cancelled to play the west semi.

I think the league games shown for them and Talbot are provisional.

That would create a space for our abandoned game to be played next Saturday. We watch with interest.

I know that we will be losing at least 2 key players, however we are already using our final games with an eye on next season. There are a couple promising youngsters lined up and with the management team staying, stability is a positive.
Next year's ADL is not going to be as straightforward as every one thinks. Whitletts and Winton will spend big as expected but throw Dalry into that group as well. E.g. big Isaac Kerr, who used to play for us would be a great acquisition,as he is available. Buffs want £3k for him, Dalry have agreed to pay it, if he wants to go there and so have Whitletts. Contrary to what people think, we don't have loads of cash, but we operate within the framework of what's there and always finish the season in the black.
However if the proposed league changes go through then a top three finish is well within our capabilities.
T

£3k for a player in the ADL. That's mental.

57 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

I'm not too sure where big Isaac will end up going to,Stuart,but he'd be wasted in the ADL,imo. He's still young,& when fully fit,he's a handy big defender! Definitely do a good job in the 1st division. £3k is probably a fair price for a defender with Premier League experience,considering his age. Heard a wee rumour Hurlford might be prepared to take a chance on him.........

2 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Don't know about mental, but in reality he is a premier league player.

1 hour ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

I'm not too sure where big Isaac will end up going to,Stuart,but he'd be wasted in the ADL,imo. He's still young,& when fully fit,he's a handy big defender! Definitely do a good job in the 1st division. £3k is probably a fair price for a defender with Premier League experience,considering his age. Heard a wee rumour Hurlford might be prepared to take a chance on him.........

I agree, Isaac when fit is a great defender and would argue that his best years are in front of him. I would love to have him back with us and am hoping that family loyalty will trump everything else, but deep down I don't see it happening. He could end up back at Talbot, stranger things have happened.

16 hours ago, tombo said:

Just to say,well done to the Vics today on a hard fought victory at a tough away venue. I know we are heading back to the ADL, but the performance today was fantastic. A real team effort, from the young trialist goalkeeper through to "old timer" Brian Slavin,leading the line.

Well appreciated.

T

PS, same sentiments for our coaching staff!

Fully deserved victory for yous on sat, played very well, could have been more than 4 in all honesty, shettleston struggling just now, to many players left the team and the replacements just haven't been good enough, also would like to thank the vics coaching staff who helped our lads clear the water from the pitch after the heavy downpour which allowed the game to go ahead, very much appreciated.  

I agree, Isaac when fit is a great defender and would argue that his best years are in front of him. I would love to have him back with us and am hoping that family loyalty will trump everything else, but deep down I don't see it happening. He could end up back at Talbot, stranger things have happened.

Not good enough for Talbot .

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 15:30, drs said:

...and free entry for the rearranged game for everyone - including those who weren't there

They said so at the game yesterday.

I've got it as 8 out of 8. Pollok were in the Super First the year we went down, and in fairness not all of the wins were against them.

League (Central District Division 1)     Newlandsfield     H     Cambuslang Rangers     1 - 0
Scottish Junior Cup (Semi Final 1st leg)     Newlandsfield     A     Pollok     3 - 2
Central League Cup (Final)     Newlandsfield Park     H     Ashfield     2 - 0
League (Super Premier Division)     Newlandsfield     A     Pollok     5 - 4
Central League Cup (Final)     Newlandsfield Park     A     Shotts Bon Accord     3 - 0
League (Super Premier Division)     Newlandsfield Park     A     Pollok     1 - 0
League (Super Premier Division)     Newlandsfield Park     A     Pollok     4 - 3
Central League Cup (Final)     Newlandsfield Park     A     Cumbernauld United     3 - 0

Archived