The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

I'm afraid you are wrong about the corner, perhaps standing where you were your view was blocked by the Peasy player, but Mark blocked the cross and it deflected off your player and out for a goal kick.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, it's harsh to blame the ref when yourself and another Peasy supporter have said the penalty changed the game....when it appears it wasn't a penalty!!!!
Too.many instances of bad refereeing all season and I don't accept all this ''its happened to us a few times this season'' from.lots of clubs. We never hear from Referee Supervisors, typical closed shop from SJFA similar to SFA.

Very frustrating for us this afternoon, especially after taking the lead, but it was the right call and everybody seemed to agree.

Here's the match report for the 15 minutes of interesting action :-
http://www.freewebs.com/rutherglenglencairn/cumbernauldua13517.htm

At the end of the day, nothing has really changed for us. We still need to win at Cumbernauld, we couldn't influence any of the other results today. I just hope we're still in with a chance whenever it gets played, hopefully it's within the next two weeks as there are certainly gaps in the fixtures list for it.

Another good day for us. One win from guaranteed promotion, against a Shettleston team with nothing to play for....

Hopefully a big crowd at Holm Park on Saturday to cheer them on to a potential title.

Officials were poor, but to suggest the ref was only giving decisons one way is wrong. You'll rightly feel aggrieved though as the game turned on the ordering off. I didn't think it was a penalty, but didn't think it was a dive either. When the ref blew i thought he was going to book McGlad, so I was as surprised as anyone that he gave the penalty, even more so when he pulled out a red card as I'm not convinced that it was in the clear goalscoring opportunity category. But hey, we've been on the wrong side of a few that have cost us points this season so we'll take one that goes our way for once.
The farce with Paul McBride's ordering off looked very bad for the ref, and he rightly got pelters.
He was inconsistent with bookings all day, just after we went in front McGee tried to kick McGlad over the railings, a talking to but no booking. To suggest that Prentice was the only player to get fouled is way off, Kilsyth are the most cynical team we've played all season. Stuart McCann again today was fouled numerous times when he was on the way past a defender.. In the game at Duncansfield in particular when we were well on top in the second half there was just a constant succession of fouls by Kilsyth.
Who got sent off in the pavilion? Must admit I went in just behind the officials and didn't hear anything untoward.

A notice how u failed 2 mention that nicky prentice had just been fouled for about the 5th time in a row b4 mghee fouled mgladrigan an no action was taken ? Mghee should have bn booked for that foul but he wasn"t because the ref had made a rod for his own back by not booking the peasy player beforehand ? It was obvious 2 anyone in the ground that peasy had set out to stop him using any means they could !
The ref never even sent the guy off closest to mgladrigan thats how incompetent he was !
We're cynical ? Nah am no having that !
We were 1 up and the better team till the phantom penalty an sending off .
Till the ref decided 2 b the centre of attention an made a mockery of the game !
A dont mind getting beat fair an square but that was laughable today !

Great stuff again today from Clydebank you have to wonder how they beat us 3-1 with ten men a few weeks ago. What a turn around since. Win next week and we will be promoted. I did not see this coming but hats off to the management and the players, shelvey has been a revelation playing in the striker role. Big Gow and darroch solid at the back.

One more win next week lads. 

Officials were poor, but to suggest the ref was only giving decisons one way is wrong. You'll rightly feel aggrieved though as the game turned on the ordering off. I didn't think it was a penalty, but didn't think it was a dive either. When the ref blew i thought he was going to book McGlad, so I was as surprised as anyone that he gave the penalty, even more so when he pulled out a red card as I'm not convinced that it was in the clear goalscoring opportunity category. But hey, we've been on the wrong side of a few that have cost us points this season so we'll take one that goes our way for once.
The farce with Paul McBride's ordering off looked very bad for the ref, and he rightly got pelters.
He was inconsistent with bookings all day, just after we went in front McGee tried to kick McGlad over the railings, a talking to but no booking. To suggest that Prentice was the only player to get fouled is way off, Kilsyth are the most cynical team we've played all season. Stuart McCann again today was fouled numerous times when he was on the way past a defender.. In the game at Duncansfield in particular when we were well on top in the second half there was just a constant succession of fouls by Kilsyth.
Who got sent off in the pavilion? Must admit I went in just behind the officials and didn't hear anything untoward.

The ref after he made a complete arse of himself lost the plot and let numerous tackles go but the penalty and red card was an absolute game changer and our players were frustrated and rightly so, to suggest we are the most cynical team you have played, you have got to be at the wind up after the treatment you dished out to young Nicky prentice today David waters got sent off in the pavilion, the ref had totally lost the plot and as I said should never referee another game of football, the sjfa will no doubt stand by him and he will be making a right f**k up of a game somewhere else next week, I pity the teams that have to put up with him in their next fixture

The referee had an absolute shocker but to suggest it was all one way is not quite right. Yes, the penalty changed the game especially with the red card but there were a few challenges he let go just after that and in my opinion they were easy yellow cards but the ref just talked to the players concerned. The so called contentious corner was definitely off the Kilsyth player last as I was standing at that particular spot at the side of the park. Bad decisions by bad referees haunt every team. We've had two straight reds given and won both on appeal and one card possibly cost us victory as we were 2-1 up in the first half when it happened, but to blame the ref for the loss is slightly harsh.

Bad decisions do haunt all teams at some point, but horrendous ones like today shouldn't happen, especially at such a crucial point of the season, I mean it's just plain incompetence, he didn't have a clue what he was doing, worst ref I have seen in a lot of years watching the juniors, after that decision that ruined the game he completely lost the plot for both teams for a spell, yes we can blame the ref because he totally fucked up, don't think there was a ref advisor there today but if there was surely the report would be terrible, but knowing how refs stick together probably not, everyone can take bad decisions but come on,

Fantastic performance from Clydebank again today. We have been defensively excellent the last few weeks and taken most of our chances when presented. Major plaudits to our centre halves Calum Gow and Jamie Darroch who have been magnificent the last few weeks . Keep it going boys - one more cup final !!

Keep my eye on this division and the turnaround in the last 3-4 weeks is mental. Teams who appeared to be out of the race and now flying and favourites to go up and teams who were at the top have either blown it or may struggle to go up.(Shettleston & Kilsyth). Genuinely thought Kilsyth would've ran away with the league a few weeks ago.

Why the poor results? Midweek games/lack of players or just poor form at the wrong time?

Keep my eye on this division and the turnaround in the last 3-4 weeks is mental. Teams who appeared to be out of the race and now flying and favourites to go up and teams who were at the top have either blown it or may struggle to go up.(Shettleston & Kilsyth). Genuinely thought Kilsyth would've ran away with the league a few weeks ago.

Why the poor results? Midweek games/lack of players or just poor form at the wrong time?

Think.it's a combination of poor form and definitely too many games in a 2 week spell. Not many other teams had the same schedule, it takes it's toll.

Superpollok, what is Clydebank FC`s record at Newlandsfield since we returned to the Junior ranks?

Not sure, but I know we had a terrible run v you at Newlandsfield since you were in the junior game, but think we beat you the last time out, but know it's not great either way.

But would be good to get a good central region away support back at Newlandsfield as well as us having a trip to Yoker.

Just to say,well done to the Vics today on a hard fought victory at a tough away venue. I know we are heading back to the ADL, but the performance today was fantastic. A real team effort, from the young trialist goalkeeper through to "old timer" Brian Slavin,leading the line.

Well appreciated.

T

PS, same sentiments for our coaching staff!

Just to say,well done to the Vics today on a hard fought victory at a tough away venue. I know we are heading back to the ADL, but the performance today was fantastic. A real team effort, from the young trialist goalkeeper through to "old timer" Brian Slavin,leading the line.

Well appreciated.

T

PS, same sentiments for our coaching staff!

Do you think you will keep the majority of your team for next season? Ardrossan and Whitletts will again be the two favourites to go up but at least one may bottle it again and but can only see yourselves or maybe Annbank / Dalry stopping them from promotion...?

Looking at goals against you haven't got many hammerings like other teams in bottom 5/6 have just not scored enough?

Bad decisions do haunt all teams at some point, but horrendous ones like today shouldn't happen, especially at such a crucial point of the season, I mean it's just plain incompetence, he didn't have a clue what he was doing, worst ref I have seen in a lot of years watching the juniors, after that decision that ruined the game he completely lost the plot for both teams for a spell, yes we can blame the ref because he totally fucked up, don't think there was a ref advisor there today but if there was surely the report would be terrible, but knowing how refs stick together probably not, everyone can take bad decisions but come on,

Hard to disagree, we've all been at games where the ref has played a major part in the eventual outcome, and unfortunately for yourselves today was one of those days.

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

Not sure, but I know we had a terrible run v you at Newlandsfield since you were in the junior game, but think we beat you the last time out, but know it's not great either way.

But would be good to get a good central region away support back at Newlandsfield as well as us having a trip to Yoker.

In competitive games our record is played 9 won 9!! [hopefully one of this site`s resident statto`s will confirm] our only reverse was in a bounce match against Pollok]

6 hours ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

In competitive games our record is played 9 won 9!! [hopefully one of this site`s resident statto`s will confirm] our only reverse was in a bounce match against Pollok]

How many of those 9 were against Pollok? I can think of 3 games(off the top of my head, and I am sure there is a 4th) against other sides we have won there.

Aside from the 2 cup finals, the win there in our first season in the top league stands out as one of my favourite games since going into the juniors.

They beat us home and away the year we went down am sure.

Mon the papers

Archived