The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

Who are the favourites to get up now? Is there a list of all remaining fixtures somewhere I can see?

Great league this.

Every team's remaining fixtures are on the Glencairn website here (scroll down past the league table and results grid).

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Every team's remaining fixtures are on the Glencairn website here (scroll down past the league table and results grid).

I think you'll get 4th. Petershill won't pick up enough points to catch you but I think Girvan, Kilsyth and Bankies will scrape enough together to finish on more than 47.

20 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

I think you'll get 4th. Petershill won't pick up enough points to catch you but I think Girvan, Kilsyth and Bankies will scrape enough together to finish on more than 47.

Time will tell, no predictions from me, we'll just try to win at Cumbernauld on the 13th and see if it's enough to get in the top 3.

Whatever happens we've made huge strides as a squad through this season, and it bodes well for next season whatever league we're in.

I noticed Girvan winning tonight in the Ayrshire Cup, meaning they have at least one more game for Fixtures Man to fit in.

Assuming that cup tie is played next midweek (away v the winner of this Saturday's match Irvine Victoria v Cumnock Juniors) then Girvan will have another 4 league games still to be scheduled after 13th May.

If they are all on Saturdays, that takes you up to 10th June, i.e. the final Saturday allowed for matches before the AGM on 17th June.

That leaves no scope for them possibly qualifying for the Evening Times Cup or the promotion play-offs. Even if they don't, Girvan's results will affect who does go into these matches.

There simply is no option for Fixtures Man, Girvan need to play midweek league matches.

Even at this late stage of the season Fixture Man is still messing everyone about, no fixtures beyond this Saturday!!!!

I'd expect midweek fixtures for next week out today. There is fixtures up to the 13th. Bankies at home 2 maryhill Mon watch us [emoji6]

Mon the papers

Here's a radical suggestion.

Girvan are away to Clydebank on Saturday, and they still have to play Yoker away as well. How about they play Yoker on Saturday night, with a 7pm kick off ? It'll still be light, and it'll save them travelling midweek.

:whistle

Here's a radical suggestion.
Girvan are away to Clydebank on Saturday, and they still have to play Yoker away as well. How about they play Yoker on Saturday night, with a 7pm kick off ? It'll still be light, and it'll save them travelling midweek.
:whistle

Fixture man says O.K[emoji38]

21 hours ago, glensmad said:

Time will tell, no predictions from me, we'll just try to win at Cumbernauld on the 13th and see if it's enough to get in the top 3.

Whatever happens we've made huge strides as a squad through this season, and it bodes well for next season whatever league we're in.

Absolutely... fantastic end to season. Set a target and challenge the others to beat it

I know I'm stating the obvious, but bear with me on this one. To get 3rd place, you only need to have one more point than the team in 4th place, or the same points and a better goal difference. The reason I'm saying this is because in recent years there has sometimes been a gap between the points accrued by the 3rd & 4th placed teams. That won't happen this year.

2015-16 - 3rd place Kilwinning Rangers (53), 4th place Clydebank (50).

2014-15 - 3rd place Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (49). 4th place Cumbernauld United (41).

2013-14 - 3rd place Shotts Bon Accord (50), 4th place Maybole Juniors (43).

2012-13 - 3rd place Largs Thistle (45), 4th place Thorniewood United (44).

2011-12 - 3rd place Renfrew (45), 4th place Kilsyth Rangers (43).

So, while the average points of the teams finishing in 3rd place in the past 5 years has been 48.4, the average points of the teams finishing in 4th has been a good bit lower at 44.2.

Perhaps I'm clutching at straws a little bit, but I'm hoping that we will win at Cumbernauld (far from guaranteed against a team fighting for their Super League survival) and set a target that is above the average for 4th place and one which the some of other promotion contenders may struggle to match.

Archived