The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally think the referee reacted to Doyle's shout of supposed agony at the challenge, before he got up a few seconds later. It seemed no more than a block challenge to me, but I didn't have a clear view of it and am willing to wait to see Gerry's video before I decide if it was harsh or not. Docherty was stunned at the red card.

Ok, I've seen the video now and it's never a red card in a million years.

58 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Ok, I've seen the video now and it's never a red card in a million years.

Had a look at the highlights and the decision for the red card is a shocker. Not out of control , not two footed , studs aren't showing. Genuine 50/50 for the ball and that's about it. Will the boy be suspended for 3 matches or can an appeal be lodged for it ?

Had a look at the highlights and the decision for the red card is a shocker. Not out of control , not two footed , studs aren't showing. Genuine 50/50 for the ball and that's about it. Will the boy be suspended for 3 matches or can an appeal be lodged for it ?

That's a decision for the player and the management.

3 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Obviously it was good for us meadow getting bt 4-1 by the vics yesterday but was shocked when the score came through , ano it's difficult an a diffferent game when it's a derby cos local pride is at stake but didn't expect that , how did it all pan out ?

Pretty even first half,medda hit the woodwork at 1-0 and then their keeper pulled off a great save to stop us going 2-1 up right on half time.

Second half only one team in it and we could have had a couple more than the 3 we scored. Medda flattered to deceive at times and couldn't understand why they started Cripps instead of Boyd who was on bench.

Some medda fans moaning about the pitch but it was the same for both teams and only one team tried to play football.

Special mention for Brian Slaven(ex Talbot),playing up front as a trialist. Totally bullied the medda defence all game. Scored one made one and had a hand inalmost everything else.

T

Just the four fixtures in the league on Saturday :-

Blantyre Victoria (11th) v Petershill (5th)

Cumbernauld United (9th) v Renfrew (8th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Shettleston (2nd)

Shotts Bon Accord (12th) v Clydebank (6th)

Your thoughts ?

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Patershill

Renfrew

Draw

Draw or Clydebank 

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Peasy....Vics have turned us over at our place twice now...Very impressed in those games,but seem to save their best for cup games...Petershill to win by odd goal

Cumbernauld Utd.(if on)...Be surprised if game is on...pitch was terrible at weekend...will need a few weeks of dry weather to sort it out..

???? ??? ..

Home win with odd goal.....Seen Shotts a few times now and I think they will have enough to get out of the danger zone....starting aginst the Bankies 

I heard a Shettleston punter describe today's game as "a mugging". While I think that's a a bit harsh on Shettleston who had obviously done their homework, Glens missed a fair number of chances, and the Shettleston goalie Whyte had some outstanding saves.

Shettleston had a goal disallowed for offside in the first half and they had other chances as well, but Hutchison didn't have many saves to make, unlike Whyte. But when you don't take your chances you're susceptible to the sucker punch, and it came with 10 minutes to go. No complaints, the game should have been won before that and we didn't.

It doesn't completely kill our promotion chances, but results elsewhere went against us as well, so we probably need to win every game left now.

17 hours ago, glensmad said:

Maryhill have still only played 12 games out of 26, and they're on cup duty next week again.

Cups have been a real distraction over the last couple of months...while it's nice to have a run in the Scottish, it's really just a sideshow to the main business of staying in the league.

After a shocker of a start we were beginning to show a bit of consistency (apart from the away game at Glencairn when we were inexplicably shite), but if we can get a bit of momentum back like we were beginning to prior to losing a couple of months to the cups, it's still in our hands - we seem to have been been a "streaky" team for a few years now; we'll go on long runs of either being incapable of losing or incapable of winning.

Archived