The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, glensmad said:

This Saturday's scheduled fixtures (lots of rain forecast unfortunately) :-

Blantyre Victoria (11th) v Renfrew (8th)

Cumbernauld United (9th) v Shettleston (2nd)

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Irvine Meadow XI (4th)

Kilsyth Rangers (1st) v Petershill (6th)

Maryhill (13th) v Clydebank (5th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Shotts Bon Accord (12th)

Yoker Athletic (10th) v Girvan (3rd)

Your thoughts ?

Renfrew

Draw

Draw

Kilsyth

Clydebank

Rutherglen

Yoker (but with trepidation lol)

Blantyre....close home win

???....a few new faces in the door so hopefully helps with the injuries to key players....looking for a response to last weeks no show....time for several players to stand up and be counted....

Meadow....Comfortable away win

Kilsyth....cant see anyone stopping them from winning title...peasy to run them close

Clydebank ...bankies to edge it....2-3  3-4  

Glencairn...easy home win ...

Girvan... to win by a few...

Kilsyth 1 Petershill 1
Better team in 1st half , scored a good header , 2nd half a think we forgot to come out , fair play to peasy better team in 2nd half ,scored a header too , both teams had chances to win it , but a draw was about right in the end in my opinion .

Got to echo what Kilsyth Ranger said about the game today. Disappointing result for us, but we never really turned up today.

A draw was a fair result in the end, and I'm sure the Peasy will be in and around the top end of the table come the end of the season.

I'm happy with the point considering the way we played today.

A total waste of a journey to Cumbernauld today.....deep down we knew that the match was in doubt with the weather the last few days....

Referee decided just before 1 o'clock that the surface was deemed unplayable.........

There was never a chance of this game going ahead and the call should have been made earlier........

After the call off at Guys meadow the big decision was where to head for to take in a game.........Kilsyth v Peasy was my choice but my driver suggested that Glencairn v Shotts was closer to home and we would be back for a bevvy quicker. ....Celsius Stadium it was......

Very energetic are Glencairn......always on the front foot and on top for long spells....but will be disappointed by the goals they lost today...

Sending off for Docherty looked harsh from the side I was standing....did the ref see something more...

After the call off at Guys meadow the big decision was where to head for to take in a game.........Kilsyth v Peasy was my choice but my driver suggested that Glencairn v Shotts was closer to home and we would be back for a bevvy quicker. ....Celsius Stadium it was......
Very energetic are Glencairn......always on the front foot and on top for long spells....but will be disappointed by the goals they lost today...
Sending off for Docherty looked harsh from the side I was standing....did the ref see something more...

Met a few shettleston guys down at our game , they were happy with the draw and the news meadow had been beaten .

29 minutes ago, ~C'mon the Town~ said:

A total waste of a journey to Cumbernauld today.....deep down we knew that the match was in doubt with the weather the last few days....

Referee decided just before 1 o'clock that the surface was deemed unplayable.........

There was never a chance of this game going ahead and the call should have been made earlier........

I'm pretty sure that the Cumbernauld v Shettleston game could've been called off on the Friday night. That's how predictable the Guys Meadow pitch is.

Just a small patch of rain in the air would be enough to put that pitch off. 

2 teams playing on it, with a fixture on it every week, along with the poor drainage up there gives it very little chance to recover. Big problem for Cumbernauld Utd

8 minutes ago, ~C'mon the Town~ said:

Watched both our games against rutherglen this year and thought they have given us the best game should've probably beat us on our own patch but very flexible and always played good football seen they won again today could be a dark horse now that the table is so tight. Will be keeping an eye out for the result next week. Be a difficult game for shettleston considering the run rutherglen are on how do you think you'll fair come on the town? 

25 minutes ago, MrAnoymous said:

Watched both our games against rutherglen this year and thought they have given us the best game should've probably beat us on our own patch but very flexible and always played good football seen they won again today could be a dark horse now that the table is so tight. Will be keeping an eye out for the result next week. Be a difficult game for shettleston considering the run rutherglen are on how do you think you'll fair come on the town? 

The last couple of fixfures between the clubs have been draws...tight encounters with very few chances created,,,edgy affairs to be blunt...

Very different this time around as we are almost a completely different team from the last meeting...

We are up and down at the moment.... and with a few new faces to come in I dont know what to expect.....I would take a draw....hate saying that but ....hey

1 hour ago, ~C'mon the Town~ said:

I personally think the referee reacted to Doyle's shout of supposed agony at the challenge, before he got up a few seconds later. It seemed no more than a block challenge to me, but I didn't have a clear view of it and am willing to wait to see Gerry's video before I decide if it was harsh or not. Docherty was stunned at the red card.

Archived