The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Shettleston 0 Kilsyth 4
Great result for us today , great squad performance today, 2 more goals for paul mcbride , one for tyrell an a og.
Best team by a mile , bit dissapointed by town to be honest.

Not the only one mate.....we were poor but can't take anything away from Kilsyth.. very impressed With the work rate....everyone fighting for each other sadly something that's missing at Greenfield....

Not the only one mate.....we were poor but can't take anything away from Kilsyth.. very impressed With the work rate....everyone fighting for each other sadly something that's missing at Greenfield....

To be fair to the fallon's town , they'd a hard job on there hands when wetherson/ mcstay left an a good few players ? But we were far superior today and won more comfortably than i thought it would be .

I think for me personally (Kilsyth fan) I think we'll win the league but I think it'll be interesting to see how the 2nd and 3rd spots finish, I think the town will fall further down the table with girvan Clydebank Irvine meadow peters hill and rutherglen all in the mix. I think for me i would say girvan and Irvine meadow. Also glencairn must be the dark horse there undefeated in 7 games I believe I seen on there match report. For me rutherglen gave us the hardest games home and away. Difficult team to play think they'll have a say in who ends up where in the table

I think for me personally (Kilsyth fan) I think we'll win the league but I think it'll be interesting to see how the 2nd and 3rd spots finish, I think the town will fall further down the table with girvan Clydebank Irvine meadow peters hill and rutherglen all in the mix. I think for me i would say girvan and Irvine meadow. Also glencairn must be the dark horse there undefeated in 7 games I believe I seen on there match report. For me rutherglen gave us the hardest games home and away. Difficult team to play think they'll have a say in who ends up where in the table

Shettleston, Girvan and Irvine Meadow have all still to come to our place, the only team above us in the league that we have to play away from home is Petershill.

We're hanging in there, we just need to keep winning and see where it takes us.

I fancy a Kilsyth, Girvan and Meadow 1,2,3 myself.

That's what I reckon too. Would be happy enough with a playoff place. Next two games in the league for us is Irvine Vics away and Shettleston at home. No disrespect to either team but we should be looking for 6 points if we have promotion aspirations.

Excellent highlights by gerry again , looked tough match , park seemed in decent nick with all the rain that's fell ?

The park was very soft, but the Blantyre groundsman did very well to get it playable at all. It wasn't our best performance of late, but away from home and on a sticky pitch you're always pleased just to win whatever way it comes.

The park was very soft, but the Blantyre groundsman did very well to get it playable at all. It wasn't our best performance of late, but away from home and on a sticky pitch you're always pleased just to win whatever way it comes.

Every point is a prisoner in this crazy league, especially away from home , which is why i was doubly delighted to get the 3pts at Shettleston yesterday .

We hadn't won away from home in the league until three games ago, and now we have taken 9 points out of 9 on the road. To be fair, we've only lost 2 away from home, with 4 of those pesky draws.

This Saturday's scheduled fixtures (lots of rain forecast unfortunately) :-

Blantyre Victoria (11th) v Renfrew (8th)

Cumbernauld United (9th) v Shettleston (2nd)

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Irvine Meadow XI (4th)

Kilsyth Rangers (1st) v Petershill (6th)

Maryhill (13th) v Clydebank (5th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Shotts Bon Accord (12th)

Yoker Athletic (10th) v Girvan (3rd)

Your thoughts ?

Archived