The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If word of mouth anything to go by cumbernauld have made 2 big signings with 2 to follow I'm hearing....can this be confirmed?

The two that've been mentioned above are hardly big signings

2 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Some excellent signings for Perthshire in there. 

What's the predictions for next season then? I'll go with;

1 Clydebank

2 Peasy (hopefully!)

3 Medda

for relegation I'll go with Glencairn and Irvine Vics as the whipping boys with Maryhill and Blantyre down aswell. 

There's no way Glencairn will be in the relegation mix this year with the quality of signings they've made. I'd go as far as to say I think they'll be up there in the fight for promotion.

Signed a lot of players from a team who couldn't get out of the division below?

Far too difficult to see where Meadow will end up tbh. Gareth and Michael are building a good team but we need to hit the ground running. First 2 games (home to hankies and away to Renfrew) are the toughest you could get, would take 3/4 points from that now.

In that league the fight for promotion and relegation can change with a couple of good results. However when it comes to the business end of the season glencairn will be right down there I think.

We'll see come the end of the season, it's a very hard league to get out of, but I stand by my opinion that Glencairn will be in the mix come May

3 hours ago, Peasypower said:

1 Clydebank

2 Peasy (hopefully!)

3 Medda

for relegation I'll go with Glencairn and Irvine Vics as the whipping boys with Maryhill and Blantyre down aswell. 

I actually agree with your top 3 - but glencairn and vics "whipping boys" come on haha! Such a tough league I wouldn't be surprised if both get dragged in but I think Glencairn will finish mid table. They had a strong 21s side last year, I was under impression they signed a couple? 

I actually agree with your top 3 - but glencairn and vics "whipping boys" come on haha! Such a tough league I wouldn't be surprised if both get dragged in but I think Glencairn will finish mid table. They had a strong 21s side last year, I was under impression they signed a couple? 

Four have joined from the u21s.

1 Clydebank

2 Peasy (hopefully!)

3 Medda

Looks like Peasyfan/Peasy Patter/yellowcard (and whatever other names he uses) has forgotten his log-in details yet again. ;-)

IMO top three will be clydebank, petershill as definites for promotion,with either rutherglen or cumbernauld in the playoffs. The latter two along with Kilsyth have the experience required for this league and should maybe push on this year. 

Can't see where the confidence in the Dodgers comes from. Not a criticism, none of their fans are bigging them up, but recognize their well documented money troubles and current signing strategy. They might pick up some gems on the cheap but they've just announced another ex-Vics player signing,taking the total to 5. 

TBH these guys flattered to deceive with us and we are quite an accommodating bunch of fans. Different kettle of fish playing in front of a quite vocal medda park crowd.

I think whoever gets off to a flyer amongst the also rans,and I include us in that group,which is fairly even,could have a good season.

Bring it on!:thumsup2

Archived