Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Managed to catch most of all 3 fights tonight.

Okolie/CBS was dreadful, the two KD’s securing the points win from what I saw. 
Wood has just kept Lara at range & outboxed him. He’ll avoid Lopez like the plague, as he walked right through Conlan & would do the same to either of this pair.

Edited by kiddy

Conlan getting flattened was tremendous to see.

Okolie-CBS was one of the worst fights I've ever seen. Okolie probably has at least 3 in the top 10 worst fights ever, it should be illegal for him to be on TV ever again.

Also clocked Catterall struggling for 10 rounds to get a jobber out of there & winning on points.

How he only got docked 1 point is beyond me. He must be one of the dirtiest fighters about. Low blows, hitting after the bell, holding, head locks & use of the elbow.

39 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Conlan getting flattened was tremendous to see.

Okolie-CBS was one of the worst fights I've ever seen. Okolie probably has at least 3 in the top 10 worst fights ever, it should be illegal for him to be on TV ever again.

Think the worst thing he did, was bin McGuigan for Sugar Hill Steward. He’s a dreadful coach, living off the back of Mani’s name & the bullshit artists big mouth!

Okolie has stunk the place out, his last two fights.

Edited by kiddy

On 27/05/2023 at 23:14, supermik said:

Okolie is just committing career suicide here. He could have easily won this through better boxing but he’s so desperate for a knockout that he has been so sloppy and made to pay for it.

Watched the fight live last night and couldn’t believe Okolies tactics. When he created a bit of space for himself he was able to get 3/4 punches off and looked good in doing so. However, for some unknown reason, he decided that after throwing a single right hand (which almost always missed) he would spear in towards Billam-Smith with his shoulder and hold on for the next 5-10 seconds. I was actually surprised he didn’t get another point taken off, his shoulder was landing on CBS’ chin more often than not. I can’t believe his corner wasn’t imploring him to try and make that bit of space, even if it came after a clinch where he could push off and let 3 or 4 punches off. After the knockdowns and point deductions he must have known only a KO would do, but he didn’t seem to change tactics. 

A truly terrible fight to watch, not helped by the hapless referee Marcus McDonald who must be one of the worst A Star referees on the circuit. A referee should only be coming into contact with the fighters after he has shouted ‘stop boxing’ and they need to be separated. There was numerous occasions last night where he jumped in while both boxers were still trying to get punches off on the inside, and this clown is hanging off their arms without telling them to break. He has a terrible habit of trying to slap a fighters gloves if he thinks they are holding on but doesn’t communicate why he is doing it. A better referee could possibly have nipped some of that nonsense in the bud last night but Okolie seems to have a reputation now, which is well deserved tbh. 

On 28/05/2023 at 00:24, kiddy said:

Think the worst thing he did, was bin McGuigan for Sugar Hill Steward. He’s a dreadful coach, living off the back of Mani’s name & the bullshit artists big mouth!

Okolie has stunk the place out, his last two fights.

That's a bold statement considering he's been able to completely transform Furys style so late in his career.   I think he's a fantastic trainer and ironically the type of man I think AJ badly needs if he's to salvage his career.

Wood mandated to fight Otabek Kholmatov, who iced Thomas Patrick Ward earlier in the year. Fucking hell fire, some stones on him if he takes it on the back of Lara x2.

47 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Top Rank YouTube channel showing Taylor/Lopez trash talk face off at 5pm today. Expect Lopez to be called a fanny and a p***k multiple times. 

I’ll venture a doss cnut.😉😂🤣😂

C766BFE2-BDBC-4D1C-8017-D05906CEAF54.jpeg

Taylor makes weight comfortably, looks good.

He's an arse but somehow Lopez is an ever bigger arsehole so I still hope he stops him badly.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Taylor makes weight comfortably, looks good.

He's an arse but somehow Lopez is an ever bigger arsehole so I still hope he stops him badly.

I think Taylor looks back to his best. Not got much to base it on,  but I think he comprehensively ends Lopez as a top tier contender tomorrow night. 

Mid to late rounds stoppage. 

Hope the Scottish w**k batters the snot out of the yank w**k. Lopez has genuinely come across as disturbed during the build up, like “probably shouldn’t be allowed to fight” disturbed, and some of the rubbish he’s come out with has been horrendous. Appreciate some of it will be to sell the fight, but I’m not convinced that’s only it.

Can see Taylor winning fairly comfortably either with a finish or wide decision.