Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

A decent fight & Franklin had a good chin. A lot of close rounds, which Joshua shaded. Wasn’t getting it all his own way. But his stupidity came to the fore, again,  after the final bell. What’s with the flippant backhand after the fight has finished? Franklins corner were rightly upset.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Dillian Whyte is the guy that seems to get wheeled out whenever one of the top heavyweights wants an easy win. 

Whyte’s an easy sell for a summer fight, before going in v Wilder/Fury.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Hearn would be pressing the self destruct button on the AJ gravy train if he puts him in with anyone better than Whyte. Unless it was in a weightlifting contest. 

I still yearn for Wilder to get a crack at him. Doubt hed even need to have shower after. 

Edited by Bairnardo

I've said it numerous times before, AJ gets sparked by Wilder.

He beats Fury, easily. As does Usyk, it is why Fury won't ever take either fight on as has been shown, numerous times.

Thoroughly enjoying Carl Froch - after being dinghies by the Paul brothers - has taken yo calling out Conor McGregor for a fight in the Octagon. McGregor has told Hearn to set it up.

Enjoy the hospital, Carl.

31 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I've said it numerous times before, AJ gets sparked by Wilder.

He beats Fury, easily. As does Usyk, it is why Fury won't ever take either fight on as has been shown, numerous times.

Thoroughly enjoying Carl Froch - after being dinghies by the Paul brothers - has taken yo calling out Conor McGregor for a fight in the Octagon. McGregor has told Hearn to set it up.

Enjoy the hospital, Carl.

There's no way you believe AJ heats Fury or McGregor beats Froch. Nothing you can say will change my mind. You can swear blind, and I will still choose to believe that you do not belive these things. 

I'm doing this FOR you. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's no way you believe AJ heats Fury or McGregor beats Froch. Nothing you can say will change my mind. You can swear blind, and I will still choose to believe that you do not belive these things. 

I'm doing this FOR you. 

AJ beats Fury easily.  I can understand us disagreeing over this but I'm utterly bewildered you believe Froch beats McGregor in the Octagon.

Thought AJ was very stiff, upright and footwork was appalling. Jab looked decent though. 

He is nowhere near Fury, Usyk, Wilder or even Joyce. Would quite like to see him in against Dubois actually. He beats Whyte fairly easily again IMO. 

5 minutes ago, JMDPco said:

Thought AJ was very stiff, upright and footwork was appalling. Jab looked decent though. 

He is nowhere near Fury, Usyk, Wilder or even Joyce. Would quite like to see him in against Dubois actually. He beats Whyte fairly easily again IMO. 

AJ can box as many of the C list guys as he likes but it won’t prepare him for a fight with any top five guys unless he accepts he has to run the risk of getting sparked. He even said it to Steve Bunce last night that he’s apprehensive of punches coming back at him (and that was against a small guy with no power) so he won’t commit to the three or four punch combos that used to knock opponents out.