Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

On 21/01/2023 at 22:35, kiddy said:

Taylor Catterall not happening anytime soon, Taylor’s injured.

8 hours ago, kiddy said:

Hadn’t realised Taylor will only have fought the once, Catterall, since unifying in June 21.

What chances the WBO stripping him & him either moving up,or retiring?

8 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

They're fighting again in March.

Like I said.🙄

I don't see the WBO stripping him just yet if they can get a date sorted for summer but later than that you have to think a) he's going to get stripped and b) how on earth is he going to make the weight the longer this goes on and he can't train properly?

I don't think the belt will mean much to Taylor if he's serious about wanting to show Catterall the first fight was a fluke. The belt on the line might mean more to Caterall to try and realise his dream of being world champion but really money will talk and it will be the biggest pay day he can get by a mile so, belt or no belt, this fight should still go ahead and for me personally I don't really care if there is a belt on the line its just a really good grudge match that interests me more than probably any other domestic fight currently.

And Taylor definitely won't retire obviously, why would he? He's 32 with a lot of ambition to still achieve up a weight class.

43 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I don't see the WBO stripping him just yet if they can get a date sorted for summer but later than that you have to think a) he's going to get stripped and b) how on earth is he going to make the weight the longer this goes on and he can't train properly?

I don't think the belt will mean much to Taylor if he's serious about wanting to show Catterall the first fight was a fluke. The belt on the line might mean more to Caterall to try and realise his dream of being world champion but really money will talk and it will be the biggest pay day he can get by a mile so, belt or no belt, this fight should still go ahead and for me personally I don't really care if there is a belt on the line its just a really good grudge match that interests me more than probably any other domestic fight currently.

And Taylor definitely won't retire obviously, why would he? He's 32 with a lot of ambition to still achieve up a weight class.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Taylor retires. The inactivity and trainer change are red flags to me at this stage in his career. He doesn't exactly seem like he has his head screwed on, or a sensible team around him. 

Taylor has looked in great shape for some time and was a couple of weeks into camp.

If he has nearly torn a ligament that’s maybe 8 weeks or so of rest and recovery? Might mean the Catterall fight has to happen at another time as Ben Shalom wants to get Catterall out again soon