Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

A 4 minute fucking round though. 
Yeah that's a worry for the rest of the card. Honestly can't think of ever seeing that. To make matters worse, Jack was pouring it on in minute 4. A stoppage then would have been an incredible disgrace.

Anyway, predictions just in case I end up in my pit before the main event... its in the balance due to early start tomorrow.

Pre the first fight IMO, I was in the "good big guy beats good little guy" camp despite being choking for Usyk to win. I thought he could do it but didn't have him as favourite. Quite simply, I though AJ would be able to use the size advantage.

What we now know, is the size of the skills gap between these two. We also have further evidence if needed, about how AJ responds to getting hit.

The size advantage still exists. It's still what AJ should seek to capitalise on. But against a boxer like Usyk, and that questinable response when he gets hit, I dont think AJ can do the things needed to make the size count. I think back to bigger guys and bigger punchers who went in with Floyd. They thought all they had to do was impose their physicality. They then found out, you have to get there first, then you have to catch him.

This is AJ in this fight. He needs to use size, but intelligently, against a guy more intelligent than him.

AJ winning this wouldnt be a shock, but its swung around to being the more surprising of the possible results.

Also, does he shrink, does he check out without the mammoth crowd? I think he might.

It's Usyk for me a gain Jeff. Because I don't think AJ can impose the one advantage he has that wins him the fight.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Also, need to add, as we all.knew it would be.... What a shitey venue and spectacle for a fight of this magnitude.

Fucking after dinner show. Pish.

Absolutely this. Add in the nauseating arse licking after every fight thanking the Saudi royal family.

Sportswashing baby.