Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

AJ has lost a lot since he’s tried to be a boxer…. Love and Usyk but tonight AJ was awful, he never really tried to close the range and you’ll never beat someone like Usyk with a jab!!!

AJ needs to reevaluate his style…. Chisora caused more problems than him because he came forward!!!

AJ was lucky he wasn’t given a TKO

Why are people thinking Usyk can beat Fury? Usyk is a cracking boxer but Fury is a freak. A long limbed 6'10 who boxes like he's six foot. Usyk just eats jabs for twelve rounds.

Usyk vs Wilder, though. I'm interested in that.
Agree with this.

He'd just keep Usyk at distance and box his way to victory.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Joshua lacking boxing skills here.

Only confident enough to throw single punches.

FTFY.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Joshua still sparks Fury, tbh. 

image.gif.1baf794566da41220085925b6e84fca1.gif

48 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:

Fury v AJ was the be all and end all before tonight.

That's probably changed now.

That changed a couple of years ago and the only thing keeping the desire for the fight alive has been folk wanting to see Fury slap AJ about.

45 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Had it 8-4 with the last round a 10-8. Could have legitimately been stopped I reckon. 

Great fight to round off a ropey night, the kid in with Smith utterly overmatached and a horrible KO and that Hatton robbery was shite too.

Incredible performance from big Usyk though, would genuinely love to see a Fury fight. As @J_Stewart says, he is the only man that can beat him. It would also be a cracking build up.

Yep, 8-4 comfortably.

Edited by 8MileBU

18 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
47 minutes ago, kiddy said:
I'd pish myself if Fury gets sparked.
Tyson v AJ next summer, for absolutely no belts whatsoever, in a cash out fight.

Fury must be absolutely raging at the result tonight. A fairly easy night's work and an absolute fortune down the drain now.

That's what happens when you drag something out for 3 years 

Edited by Binos

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Nah, Fury is the only boxer on the planet that is capable of beating Usyk. His movement and footwork are good enough to keep up with him, and he is so, so long. Usyk wouldn’t hit fury anywhere near as easily as he did AJ.

Usyk is though, without question, the biggest shagger in boxing. An absolute fucking hero.

Fury is shite.

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

AJ has lost a lot since he’s tried to be a boxer…. Love and Usyk but tonight AJ was awful, he never really tried to close the range and you’ll never beat someone like Usyk with a jab!!!

AJ needs to reevaluate his style…. Chisora caused more problems than him because he came forward!!!

AJ was lucky he wasn’t given a TKO

Since Ruiz exposed his chin he's been terrified to come forward.

When Lewis lost to Rahman he came back and decked the guy with one of the all time great shots.  When AJ lost to Ruiz he came back and played it safe for the win.  The alarm bells should gone off then.  AJ isn't as bad as his detractors will make out but he knows he doesn't have a chin and that's in his head now plus he doesn't have the grit in his belly that you need to be a real warrior.  I don't think anyone out the Top 4 is actually going to beat him but he's not the fighter he was pre Ruiz loss and you gotta have Usyk and Fury ahead of him as the top guys.  

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Really don’t see Fury faring too well against Usyk. Could see it going like the Bellew fight, with Usyk eventually working out Fury’s timing and bashing him up. Lamb to the slaughter if AJ takes the rematch. 

Fury is a totally different level from Bellew.  He has the best movement and ring skills of any current heavyweight by miles, he's fucking enormous and he can take a punch.

Usyk has done great and proved a lot of people wrong but it's a different story when Fury starts clinching and leaning on him for 6, 7, 8 rounds.  There was a spell in the match last night where Usyk looked gassed and AJ made a bit of a come back.  Fury will exhaust him in the ring way more than AJ did.

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Fury is a totally different level from Bellew.  He has the best movement and ring skills of any current heavyweight by miles, he's fucking enormous and he can take a punch.

Usyk has done great and proved a lot of people wrong but it's a different story when Fury starts clinching and leaning on him for 6, 7, 8 rounds.  There was a spell in the match last night where Usyk looked gassed and AJ made a bit of a come back.  Fury will exhaust him in the ring way more than AJ did.

Fury does have great movement but much of it is with his feet planted then he sways from the waist. Wilder was told (but forgot) to target this in their first fight. It bamboozles heavyweights as they’re not used to it but there’s a lot of repetition and idiosyncrasies and I reckon Usyk would work him out. 

I know what you mean about Usyk looking gassed at one point (Mrs made the same point to me at the time!) but by round 12 Usyk looked like he was just getting started. Is he gassed or trolling? 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I know what you mean about Usyk looking gassed at one point (Mrs made the same point to me at the time!) but by round 12 Usyk looked like he was just getting started. Is he gassed or trolling?

While he was noticeably slowing down in rounds 6-8, I think Usyk was playing Joshua - wee bit of gamesmanship, looking to lure him into throwing more and exposing his chin maybe? Usyk looked sharp in the final 2 rounds so he was clearly keeping something in the tank anyway.