Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He just squeaked out a 2 round win against 36 year old Chisora and you think he can beat real heavyweights?

Wilder and Povetkin are small heavyweights and Whyte is a pudding.

There seems to be some imagination in this thread thinking outwith Fury and AJ there is a plethora of world class heavies.

So did frotch this morning. If any of the bigger heavyweights connect then he's away.
Not denying hes a good boxer but you need power and he doesn't have it. He hit chisora with everything and didn't leave a mark.

Carl Froch thinks the earth is flat, so we can just ignore anything that fucking idiot says.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

So did frotch this morning. If any of the bigger heavyweights connect then he's away.
Not denying hes a good boxer but you need power and he doesn't have it. He hit chisora with everything and didn't leave a mark.

You don't win boxing matches by leaving marks. He was hitting the target constantly more than his opponent.

You called Chisora KO. Enough said. Have your last lager and get tae yer bed.

So who is this top 5 then?
Whyte is a puddin. Usyk would embarrass him.
Fury
Joshua
Wilder
Ruiz
Pulev

By actual ranking

Whyte and povetkin would seriously trouble him as well.
Usyk isn't doing anything at heavyweight when he's three stone underweight.

Chisora was stunned a few times in that fight and was lucky to stay on his feet in 7th.

Tyson Fury doesn't have brutal ko power but he can box peoples heads off for 12 rounds and Usyk can do the same. Apart from the initial flurry in opening rounds he didn't look particularly troubled or hurt at any point.

The 115-113 cards were generous imo.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He just squeaked out a 2 round win against 36 year old Chisora and you think he can beat real heavyweights?

He can. Massive learning curve for him tonight especially the first two rounds but he’s a genuine fucking talent. He’ll analyse the shit out of that fight and adapt and refine accordingly for the next one. 

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Fury
Joshua
Wilder
Ruiz
Pulev

By actual ranking

Whyte and povetkin would seriously trouble him as well.
Usyk isn't doing anything at heavyweight when he's three stone underweight.

Pulev🤣🤣🤣

He wouldn't win a round against Usyk. I meant in your opinion who your top 5 are? 

You've had that much lager yer punch drunk.

Think fury would be too big for Usyk as his movement is also very good, but not convinced AJ would be. Totally different fight to this as Joshua wouldn’t just be pressing forward throwing wild haymakers (majority of which missed by a distance or been blocked), but have more of a jab fest. That would suit Usyk far more than the fight tonight. Joshua is a cautious boxer now and his footwork is levels below Usyk’s as well so there’s every chance he could get in and out of range without being landed on.

Worth remembering that it’s his second fight at the weight. He’s only going to get heavier and stronger as he continues, same way Haye did, same way Holyfield did.

9 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Wilder and Povetkin are small heavyweights and Whyte is a pudding.

There seems to be some imagination in this thread thinking outwith Fury and AJ there is a plethora of world class heavies.

Is AJ even a world class heavyweight? I still see Fury giving him an absolute schooling every time.

Really don't get the love in for usyk. Doesn't look like he's anything above the likes of parker/bellew/chisora.
Sure hes talented but you need power.
I can see him exhausting big lumps with skill but anyone who is in shape or good technically will beat him.
No denying hes a great boxer but to say he will trouble fury or Joshua is nuts.

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Is AJ even a world class heavyweight? I still see Fury giving him an absolute schooling every time.

As do I. But I also think AJ is comfortably better than the rest.

Which is why Usyk would beat them all outwith those two I genuinely don't see who would beat him.

Still awaiting DAFCs top 5 cloggers.

Really don't get the love in for usyk. Doesn't look like he's anything above the likes of parker/bellew/chisora.
I can see him exhausting big lumps with skill but anyone who is in shape or good technically will beat him.
How do you need power?

Not above the the likes of Bellew did you see what he did to Bellew?

Fury might be to big because he is also technically superb but I think he causes AJ problems with how good his movement is

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

He destroyed Bellew. Bellew admitted as much and that he's never been in a ring with anyone like him.

Genuinely don't think you have a clue what yer oan aboot.

Yes he’s a great boxer but he doesn’t have the size or power to trouble any titles. Therefore he’s at the same level as the boxers mentioned.

I understand he fought bellew who dropped weight and was 35 and beat him after bellew tired himself out. People cited haye but bellew beat him twice. It would be very interesting to see him fight whyte if he beats Povetkin. He’s in line to fight Joshua after pulev as well. 
Maybe I’m wrong but I think it’s just too much of a step up and he’s a bit overrated.