Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Do you actually think Tyson Fury is better than Mike Tyson ? Surely not lol

Maybe maybe not. It's certainly not the mismatch you portray. Do you actually think that Mike Tyson would walk through that big hard b*****d like some sort of highlight reel ?

Grangemouth Bairn on a Kincardine level of sesh here. Some boi.

Mad how everything always has to be so black and white as well. AJ is a really good boxer. Wilder has been a good champ. Fury has a brilliant set of skills. When they retire, you can really analyse them as greats or whatever. A lot can happen in boxing before they retire. 

1 minute ago, JMDP said:

Grangemouth Bairn on a Kincardine level of sesh here. Some boi.

Mad how everything always has to be so black and white as well. AJ is a really good boxer. Wilder has been a good champ. Fury has a brilliant set of skills. When they retire, you can really analyse them as greats or whatever. A lot can happen in boxing before they retire. 

Last night maybe but not today. Just don’t see it with any of them yet.

They get a lot of focus because 2 of them are Brits that’s all. 

I think Fury is a good boxer, not sure about Wilder or Joshua.

Like I said earlier it’s all about opinions and we’ll never see them fight.
Of course it is but when does someone like Fury be considered a great to someone like you who believes everyone he fights is inferior to the fighters of times gone by. At 30 years old he's achieved more than Vladimir did his whole career, whilst remaining undefeated and having 2/3 of those years getting mad wae it and eating pies. Most pundits put Vladamir in the list of great heavyweights, obviously not top 10. So fury is already there and if he blooters the rest of them who knows where he might be considered in the future.

9 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Of course it is but when does someone like Fury be considered a great to someone like you who believes everyone he fights is inferior to the fighters of times gone by. At 30 years old he's achieved more than Vladimir did his whole career, whilst remaining undefeated and having 2/3 of those years getting mad wae it and eating pies. Most pundits put Vladamir in the list of great heavyweights, obviously not top 10. So fury is already there and if he blooters the rest of them who knows where he might be considered in the future.

Maybe you are right mate. Maybe I’m a bit nostalgic. Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:
15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

For me Mike Tyson reputation is blown out of proportion. Lost to every world level heavyweight he ever fought and a few really shite ones as well.

He did fight a lot when he was out of it tbf to you. Fury was able to take time off as had a better promoter.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

I'm enjoying the re-writing of history on this, tbh. Wlad made a living from working the jab then when he was in close putting his weight on the opponent and tiring them out. He was a boring robot. 

Fury done it this morning and it was a boxing masterclass. 

Fury wasn't keeping a distance whilst working the jab and leaning on his opponent to tire them out. He was on the front foot and going for a second round finish.

A better example of what you are talking about is the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch. Hardly redemption but he was given a lot of credit for his strategy. 

Cant see joshua fighting fury.

Joshua and Hearn will ask for something ridiculous like 70% or the purse as usual. The fight won't get made.

And then Hearn will say, we made fury a great offer bla bla bla.

Then go back to their next easy mandatory.

Hope I'm wrong and they can make the fight but I doubt it.

If they did, fury would embarrass him. Like I've been saying for years.

Unlike the last time that actually was a masterclass from from Fury and totally exposed the fraud that is Wilder. 

It took Fury four years to back up the win over Wlad. Hopefully he doesn't piss about again. His next opponent has to be AJ or Whyte. Bob will be lining up Charles Martin though. 

24 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Cant see joshua fighting fury.

Joshua and Hearn will ask for something ridiculous like 70% or the purse as usual. The fight won't get made.

And then Hearn will say, we made fury a great offer bla bla bla.

Then go back to their next easy mandatory.

Hope I'm wrong and they can make the fight but I doubt it.

If they did, fury would embarrass him. Like I've been saying for years.

Unlike Wilder Joshua has a jab. AJ is a much tougher night than Wilder. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Unlike Wilder Joshua has a jab. AJ is a much tougher night than Wilder. 

It might be tougher, but not much more.

Yeah he has an average to poor jab, so better than Wilder.

Joshua can't box on furys levels. He won't gas out as quickly as wilder. But he also can't box for 12 rounds like fury can.

He won't fight him in anycase