Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Tyson fury is technically a country mile better than Klitch and will go down as a great and easily the best of his generation by time he has retired. You can bookmark that.

I never said he as was buddy. I’ve clearly got a different definition of a great from you.

The Gypsy King haha. You know the boy well ??
No doubt he’s a very good boxer, I don’t dispute that, but I think it’s to early to call him a ‘great’ mate.
Is it though?

He is now a two time heavy weight world champ and has now held all the belts in the division. He is undefeated and well on his way to becoming the first undisputed champ this century.

Sure I also read that he is only the second (might even be only) person to end two heavyweight title reigns of more than ten fights.

There is no doubt he is still a bit marmite but for me his is an exceptional boxer and would be up there in any era of heavyweight boxing due to his size and his skills for a big man and not to forget he is a right hardy fucker.

1 minute ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Is it though?

He is now a two time heavy weight world champ and has now held all the belts in the division. He is undefeated and well on his way to becoming the first undisputed champ this century.

Sure I also read that he is only the second (might even be only) person to end two heavyweight title reigns of more than two fights.

There is no doubt he is still a bit marmite but for me his is an exceptional boxer and would be up there in any era of heavyweight boxing due to his size and his skills for a big man and not to forget he is a right hardy fucker.

I class guys like Hagler, Hearns, Robinson, Ali etc as greats. If you put Tyson Fury up there fair enough. It’s all about opinions mate.

I class guys like Hagler, Hearns, Robinson, Ali etc as greats. If you put Tyson Fury up there fair enough. It’s all about opinions mate.
Why not though? Just because it's modern day doesn't mean he can't be considered a great of the heavyweight division. In terms of heavyweight Boxers for me he is now proving himself to be phenomenal and the two fights with wilder will be talked about for years to come.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Robinson was ok I guess but he came up a bit too short against Hamed...

5 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Why not though? Just because it's modern day doesn't mean he can't be considered a great of the heavyweight division. In terms of heavyweight Boxers for me he is now proving himself to be phenomenal and the two fights with wilder will be talked about for years to come.

As I said it’s your opinion mate. You consider him the best ever, or up there, and I don’t.

As I said it’s your opinion mate. You consider him the best ever, or up there, and I don’t.
I'm not saying he is the best ever but what I am saying he is surely at or on the brink of being considered a great of the heavyweight division becuase of what he has achieved and what he is on the brink of achieving.

1 minute ago, dundeefc1783 said:
2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
To take on all comers, which he does tbf, and have a load of title defences. He’s not done that.
I just don’t agree with that Dundee lad that he’s the best ever. I think he’s very good though.

When did I say he was the best ever?

Sorry just seen you last post.

Aye well you probably would need both of them together to stand half a chance. I'd love to see Mile Tyson trying to contend with that jab.
That's what they said of Larry Holmes jab. Tyson career unravelled with the passing of those guiding him outside the ring & his entering the world of Don King.

Larry Holmes was done. Tyson always struggled with big guys who managed to stay away the first few rounds let alone someone as big,awkward, skillful, fast and as fit as Tyson Fury.

Styles make fights and Fury would be an absolute nightmare of a puzzle for someone like Mike Tyson to work out. Doesn't matter how explosive you are in the first few rounds your morale will begin to wain being jabbed constantly in the face.

That's what they said of Larry Holmes jab. Tyson career unravelled with the passing of those guiding him outside the ring & his entering the world of Don King.

Question. If there is a unification bout and Joshua wins is he a great?
On wilder, if he wants to get in the mix for a world title again then he's going to have to beat someone like Usyk to get in that mix. On the basis of last night I struggle to see that happening

34 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Larry Holmes was done. Tyson always struggled with big guys who managed to stay away the first few rounds let alone someone as big,awkward, skillful, fast and as fit as Tyson Fury.

Styles make fights and Fury would be an absolute nightmare of a puzzle for someone like Mike Tyson to work out. Doesn't matter how explosive you are in the first few rounds your morale will begin to wain being jabbed constantly in the face.

Do you actually think Tyson Fury is better than Mike Tyson ? Surely not lol

It could make AJ v Wilder in Saudi an easier one to make.

The gameplan is what impressed me most about Fury. He has to walk through a couple of right hands but he had come to beat Wilder up. Loved the rough tactics and the way he pressed home all his advantages. Wilder gave whatever the opposite of a masterclass is.