Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Wilder just didn't have the technical ability to compete with Fury. As soon as Fury knocked him down in the third round that was it. His balance was off after that and it prevented him from putting any power into his "Equaliser".

Fury was really making use of that extra weight gained also by leaning heavily on Wilder to tire him out.

There's a clause for a trilogy but there won't be nearly as much interest in it and Wilder didn't win the first fight to justify it. 

2 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Fury was really making use of that extra weight gained also by leaning heavily on Wilder to tire him out.

I'm enjoying the re-writing of history on this, tbh. Wlad made a living from working the jab then when he was in close putting his weight on the opponent and tiring them out. He was a boring robot. 

Fury done it this morning and it was a boxing masterclass. 

Vlad was pretty pish compared to Fury but. Fury can box unlike the robot. He's just lucky a Fury didn't come along earlier.

I'm enjoying the re-writing of history on this, tbh. Wlad made a living from working the jab then when he was in close putting his weight on the opponent and tiring them out. He was a boring robot. 

Fury done it this morning and it was a boxing masterclass. 

2 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Vlad was pretty pish compared to Fury but. Fury can box unlike the robot. He's just lucky a Fury didn't come along earlier.

Wlad was a great boxer. He fought Fury at the age of 38 - an age Fury has said he'll be well retired before so that he doesn't become bait for young up and comers. Vitali retired at the right time and is the superior of the two brothers.

Fury can now rank himself alongside the likes of those and other greats. In the past, I've massively doubted him but over his 2 fights against Wilder, he's been a genius in the ring and shown heart that not many can do. He is clearly the best in the world right now.

Wilder vs Fury III makes sense for the American audience and I've no doubt that Wilder will blame this loss on the ear drum eventually and they'll be able to build the hype for it again. Joshua vs Fury is the dream match and we can only hope the mandatory challenger stuff doesn't stop the ultimate unification fight.

Wlad was a great boxer. He fought Fury at the age of 38 - an age Fury has said he'll be well retired before so that he doesn't become bait for young up and comers. Vitali retired at the right time and is the superior of the two brothers.
Fury can now rank himself alongside the likes of those and other greats. In the past, I've massively doubted him but over his 2 fights against Wilder, he's been a genius in the ring and shown heart that not many can do. He is clearly the best in the world right now.
Wilder vs Fury III makes sense for the American audience and I've no doubt that Wilder will blame this loss on the ear drum eventually and they'll be able to build the hype for it again. Joshua vs Fury is the dream match and we can only hope the mandatory challenger stuff doesn't stop the ultimate unification fight.
He fought absolute nobodies though. David Haye is his best win and like you say he wasn't even the best in his own household.
I rate Vitali far higher than Vladimir.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

1. Fury is very good but not a great surely.

2. Wilder is just not a very good boxer.

3. AJ is, and will remain, a total shire bag and will avoid Fury.

Sober up son.
Klitch has had losses against absolute jobbers. The Gypsy King hasn't been beat a fight yet. Not a single dodgy decision or anything, he's bested them all including Vlad with his trampoline ring. Vlad was lucky that he only needed to contend with the David Hayes and Chisoras of this world.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

1. Fury is very good but not a great surely.

2. Wilder is just not a very good boxer.

3. AJ is, and will remain, a total shire bag and will avoid Fury.

He's got to be up there now, surely? He was the man that ended Klitschko's dominance and now ended Wilder.

4 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Sober up son.

Klitch has had losses against absolute jobbers. The Gypsy King hasn't been beat a fight yet. Not a single dodgy decision or anything, he's bested them all including Vlad with his trampoline ring. Vlad was lucky that he only needed to contend with the David Hayes and Chisoras of this world.

The Gypsy King haha. You know the boy well ??

No doubt he’s a very good boxer, I don’t dispute that, but I think it’s to early to call him a ‘great’ mate.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

No doubt he’s a very good boxer, I don’t dispute that, but I think it’s to early to call him a ‘great’ mate.
So explain to me how Vlad is a 'great' ,with all his career defining victories, and no fury ?

5 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So explain to me how Vlad is a 'great' ,with all his career defining victories, and no fury ?

I never said he as was buddy. I’ve clearly got a different definition of a great from you.