Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I read that Fury doesn’t even have a UK boxing licence anymore, and with that fight out of the way he only has 2 more fights scheduled as per his contract with ESPN. He said after those two fights he’s going to jack it in so who knows who the last 2 will be. He did say it’s unlikely he will fight in the UK again.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

I read that Fury doesn’t even have a UK boxing licence anymore, and with that fight out of the way he only has 2 more fights scheduled as per his contract with ESPN. He said after those two fights he’s going to jack it in so who knows who the last 2 will be. He did say it’s unlikely he will fight in the UK again.

Fury said himself he has 3 fights left in him then he is retiring, said he doesnt want to be bait for a young up and coming.

Thought round 2 Wilder looked knackered and by the end of wild 3 you could see the fear in Wilder as he had no comeback for what Tyson was delivering

Guest Moomintroll
He'd be incredibly stupid to bring a fight to the UK considering the money he can make elsewhere. 
Aside from someone I know fighting for the Scottish Heavyweight Title, I have never watched a live fight. I would happily buy a ticket & pay a premium to watch Fury & he would probably prefer to be on home turf,he has some issues, as most of us do, I do not agree with some of his opinions regarding sexuality, however I respect his choice as it is not borne of personal hatred. He is a massively courageous boxer with a frightening punch so good luck to him, he also wants to fight on hone turf & sod the money, so as I said previously would happily pay for it.

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, Dele said:
He'd be incredibly stupid to bring a fight to the UK considering the money he can make elsewhere. 

he also wants to fight on hone turf & sod the money, so as I said previously would happily pay for it.

I'm not sure that's the case anymore. I never heard him say it (it might have been through Warren actually) but I have read that he wants the next fight in some new NFL stadium. 

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

There’s a 3rd fight contracted. Anthony Joshua will go nowhere near Tyson Fury, same as he’s avoided him for the past 5 years, it will be the end of his career if he does.

Wilders camp has to respond in 30 days if they want the rematch, personally after watching that fight i think Wilders done, he got schooled in that fight and i dont think he will fancy his arse getting handed to him again by Fury, from round 3 Wilder looked scared.

Watched a couple of reviews of the fights and a few on that are deluded one of them saying one of Tysons punches caught Wilder behind the head and thats what cost Wilder the fight another one  saying "yeh Wilder maybe got beat but he still heavyweight champion of the world, Fury got lucky") AYE RIGHT

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I think we have learned that the power of Jesus outweighs the power of the decepticons and/or the black panther. Praise be.

Image result for take it outside god boy gif

Though i do accept your point 

Edited by AL-FFC

SSN reporting Fury wearing a 'Nigeria' gumshield, "in reference to AJ's Nigerian descent & where he is on holiday just now".

We're not going to have some fcukwit racial build up to a undisputed bout are we?

Would seem England is ripe for some sort of fascistic explosion. Ably abetted by a complicit media. 

7 minutes ago, kiddy said:

SSN reporting Fury wearing a 'Nigeria' gumshield, "in reference to AJ's Nigerian descent & where he is on holiday just now".

We're not going to have some fcukwit racial build up to a undisputed bout are we?

Would seem England is ripe for some sort of fascistic explosion. Ably abetted by a complicit media. 

I would be very surprised if he did go down that route tbh. An American presenter tried to bring the whole great white hope pish in the build up to the Wilder fight and he Fury shot him down about it.

5 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

Defo puts him up there. I can't see Holyfield ever beating Fury. Too big, too awkward, too good and long a jab. Tyson would have struggled as well.

He might edge them, as Holyfield is now 57 & Tyson 53.

5 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Disappointing to hear fury say he wants a 3rd fight back in Las Vegas.

Get it back home in the uk

5 hours ago, Dele said:

4 hours ago, ayrmad said:

When you're a star in Vegas you don't drop down IMHO.

I'd much prefer the big man spend his time in the UK getting the mental health message out to the country, we've loads that need hope and help. 

PPV in the States is where it's at. Easily outweighs anything the UK could ever max out at.

Luckily, there's a stadium just opening in Las Vegas too!

Image result for raiders stadium las vegas

On 04/02/2020 at 07:38, LargsTON said:

Does anyone genuinely believe Fury is going to go for the KO as he's been insisting?   I just can't see it,  it's an old saying but you don't punch with a puncher.  

Never doubt the big man!

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Good win for Fury. Wilder had balance problems from the ear damage resulting from the 2nd round KD.

Noticeable that he cut out the majority of the fanning about that cost him the first fight.

Piss poor/corrupt judging cost Fury the first fight. He clearly won that one as well. Last night was just a sensational bit of boxing justice. Fury is clearly the beast heavyweight about.

10 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Never doubt the big man!

Piss poor/corrupt judging cost Fury the first fight. He clearly won that one as well. Last night was just a sensational bit of boxing justice. Fury is clearly the beast heavyweight about.

Would you say that to his face though?