Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Hi H_B,

In future, to save us all some time, please just reply with "I have no evidence to back -up my claims".

Kind regards

J_Stewart

If the same proportion of top footballers tested positive as top boxers there would be a massive scandal. The high incidence of failed tests is evidence in itself.

No one has answered my question about those fighters. Surely no one genuinely believes they were clean?

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

You would have expected it to be after Sky did the Taylor semi and final.

Definitely, but I don’t think Hearn/Sky had an agreement to show any of the Super Series at first but the fights it has thrown up forced their hand.

Shame that there is more promotion being given to this Youtuber fight than the WBSS final but I guess it makes sense to go where the money is. 

Mildly concerned for Donaire's health. Can see this being a 3-round blow-out. The Donaire of 6 / 7 years ago likely still would have lost, but would have been sprightly enough to slip some of the shots and counter often enough to make Inoue think about coming forward. At 36, there's no chance he doesn't get landed on regularly.

Probably 2-2 so far. Very good first 4 rounds, Donaire has been a lot more competitive than I thought he might be, although he's taken some heavy shots. Taken them well so far, but can't imagine he'll last a whole lot longer if he keeps taking them flush.